We have a lot of family and social gatherings during the warmer months and my Watermelon Salad Bowl Recipe is always a great hit with kids and adults alike. It’s also easy to make and perfect for hot summer days!
When having a family gathering, or party with friends, I try to be creative. I like the idea that although all I’m bringing to the table is fruit, it can be creatively presented. Using a variety of bright colored fruits for a bold appearance, the Watermelon Salad Bowl Recipe is the perfect bold (healthy!) centerpiece – making it the first food that kids (and adults!) focus on and grab.
This recipe can be tweaked to your taste by changing the ingredients used. If you don’t like the fruits used, or are allergic to any of the ingredients, feel free to switch up the fruits and make it your own.
Enjoy and I hope my Watermelon Salad Bowl Recipe inspires you to create your own healthy summer treat this summer!
Watermelon Fruit Bowl Recipe
- 1 large watermelon
- 1 pack of strawberries (preferably large)
- 1 pineapple
- 1 cantaloup
- 1 pack of blue berries
- Paring knife
- Cookie cutters in various shapes
- Slice a quarter off the longer side of the watermelon.
- Use a pairing knife to make diagonal triangle cuts all around the watermelon.
- Scoop out watermelon about halfway in.
- Peel the skin off of the pineapple and cantaloupe. Slice.
- Using a small cookie cutter, cut the pineapple and cantaloupe into fun shapes.
(I have flowered shape cutters which are more appealing for summer)
- Wash and place strawberries in between every open wedge.
- Place cut cantaloupes in front of the strawberries.
- Place cut pineapples in front of the cantaloupe.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 going until filled.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the cantaloupe & pineapples.
TIP: Use the best cut cantaloupe and pineapple pieces on the top.