Wilhelmina, a model management company, has partnered Shape Magazine and Men’s Fitness to find the hottest bodies of the year!
The Wilhelmina Hot Body Model Search is open to men and women who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (void where prohibited) and who are 18 years of age or older as of November 17, 2010; no height or size restrictions. Subject to official rules.
The search was initially launched on August 9, 2010 and ends on November 17, 2010. There are three ways to enter:
Enter in person by attending an open call event
Enter by mail
Each requires the entrants to submit the following:
- a completed Official Entry Form
- one (1) recent full body shot photo
- $20 non-refundable processing fee
The Open Call Events are scheduled as follows:
- October 16: New York, NY
- October 23: Austin, TX and Columbus, OH
- October 24: Philadelphia, PA
- November 7: Miami Beach, FL
If you do not have a photo during the Open Call Event, you can have one taken at the event at NO CHARGE. Open Call entrants also have the chance to meet the Wilhelmina agents, as well as Shape and Men’s Fitness representatives. They will also enjoy sponsored activities throughout the day and receive a gift bag filled with sponsor product samples.
Click HERE for the Casting Call Event Addresses and to RSVP.
Click HERE to read more about the Wilhelmina Hot Body Model Search.
Suerte! / Good luck!
I recently discovered the below information and wanted to share it with my readers from New York.
Looking Glass Theatre, located at 422 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019, is seeking acting interns for Fall 2010. Auditions will be held on Sunday, August 29, 2010 and Monday, August 30, 2010, time to be determined. Headshots, as well as acting and work resumes, are required.
They are also accepting submissions for their Winter 2011 Acting Internship. Auditions for their winter schedule are tentatively scheduled for December 13-14 and the session will tentatively run January 10 – April 22, 2011.
According to their website, “Interns receive free monologue coaching, acting classes and a role in the Winter 2010 Writer/Director Forum, a festival of new works by women playwrights and directors held in December. In exchange, interns are required to work in office/theater eight hours/week.”
If interested, you must prepare contrasting monologues that are no longer than 2 minutes combined and must be able to commit to work from September 7 – December 21, 2010.
Click here for more information about the Looking Glass Acting Internship.
¡Suerte! / Good luck!
JCPenney is looking for models!
Although JC Penney does not select models directly, they work with modeling agencies who do. The modeling agencies are always on the look out for new faces and talent to use in their retail print advertising and catalogs.
Click HERE to connect with an agency that works with JCPenney and obtain their contact information.
Note, model shoots are shot in Dallas, Miami, New York and LA.
¡Suerte! / Good luck!
Image courtesy of Platanos and Collard Greens
Between the Lines Productions is casting the NYC and national touring productions of Platanos and Collard Greens. They will hold an open casting call for non union members this weekend. Rehearsals would begin immediately thereafter in New York City. The production will run in NYC, and will also have various tour dates. Below are the time and dates.
- Date: Saturday, December 12th, 2009
- Time: 2pm to 6pm
- Address: Roy Arias Studios at 300 W. 43rd Street (between 8th and 9th Avenues) Room 500A.
- Required: A headshot and resume. Sides will be distributed at the audition. Non Union. Stipend per performance, plus on tour hotel and transportation provided.
Currently seeking the following types:
- African-American Actors: males and female, 18-22, to play college students
- African American male, 30s-40s, to play father and professor
- Latina Actors: female, 18-22, to play college students, ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Latina female 30s-40s, to play the mother, ability to speak some Spanish a must
- Note: All characters must be comfortable with spoken work/poetry/rap.
New Cast members are paid 50% of the below rates until successful completion of the three performances. Note the Standard BTLP Company Member Rates below.
- $100.00 Per Show – NYC (5 Boros).
- $125.00 Per Show – (Outside of 5 Boros) Non-overnight.
- $165.00 Per Show – Requiring overnight stay
For more information about the play, click HERE
Also if you get selected, feel free to invite me to your first show! Suerte/ Good luck!
Social media has grown in influence over the years. It has become a huge part of our everyday lives. We use it in many ways to connect with our friends, our family and our co-workers. But did you realize prospective employers also utilize it to discover information about you that is not contained within a background check? Knowing this you should take some steps to ensure you are seen in the very best possible light!
First, google yourself utilizing your full name and common variations of your name. Does anything come up that will raise red flags to an employer? Is there another individual with your name noted in a negative manner? If any of these scenarios pop up, you should try to build up your online presence by creating a positive one. One of the simplest ways to do so is by commenting on articles that are within your field. Focus on sites that promote points most employers would favor. Concentrate on larger blogs, with a high page rank, as well as online news media (i.e., cnn, msn, yahoo), as these will show up first in google searches. Make sure to also conduct a name search on bing.com, yahoo.com and ask.com. Note, ask.com is also known as aj.com.
Second, check pictures that pop up when you conduct a search of your name. Are there any pictures that note you in a compromising situation? Perhaps showing you in a manner that will be frowned upon? Again attempt to saturate the search engines so that those pictures are not shown on the first few pages of a search, as most employers review the first ten pages. If the compromising pictures are on Facebook, I’ve discovered a great program from Wisk the laundry detergent called WISK-IT that will erase Facebook pictures. WISK-IT works just like the Wisk laundry detergent. It cleans your mess and you don’t even need Clorox!
Third, check Twitter lists that include you, focusing on the name and creator. If the name listed is positive, example social media, this will benefit you especially if its within the field you are seeking employment. If its also created by an individual who is already established within said industry that’s an added bonus. However, if you are listed in a negative list, example slimey list, it can have an adverse impact. If you find that you are listed in a list that can be detrimental,you must block the creator of the list to have your name removed.
Can you think of any other ways social media can be detrimental to your job search? If so, please let us know by sharing your knowledge in a comment!
If this blog post helps you in anyway, please vote for me on
the Good Mood Gig. Click HERE to vote. Gracias/Thank you!
With the economy being as it is, an extra income always helps! As a single Mom, I am always searching for opportunities to bring in extra income. As a blogger I have discovered several job boards that I have put to use. I noted below several sites where you can find these job opportunities yourself!
- Jobs For Bloggers- Job Board: I love this site! Not only do they provide you with various opportunities, but they also give you tips on how to blog.
- Blogadera- Jobs: Blogadera, a Latino directory, also has a job board. They appear to be under construction at this point, however, please make note of it for the future.
- Blogger Jobs: This blog lists different opportunities. They currently posted a job opportunity for a food blogger, a blogger who understands educational technology, bloggers with legal backgrounds and more!
- Blog Posts for Sale: This site connects you with companies who wish to work with established blogs. The companies will pay you to write about a specific topic. Pay and word count varies by company.
- Crunch Board: This job board provides opportunity to tech geeks, however, every once in awhile you will find opportunities for bloggers/writers.
- Simply Hired: Search this site for blog opportunities. I recently discovered a job opportunity for an NBA blogger, blog Designers, a blog commenter and more!
- Blogger and Freelance Jobs Resource: This site has recently posted opportunities for Travel bloggers, as well as craft writers familiar with scrapbooking. They post various opportunities that are flexible.
- About Freelance Writing: A wonderful blog that not only showcases blogging jobs, but explains how to apply, how to blog, and how to set fees! Definitely a gem to fave!
- PoeWar: Site offers opportunities for freelance writers and bloggers. As of this posting, they have a listing for a Freelance NY1 writer.
- SunOasis: Blog offers various blog jobs that can be done offsite, unless specified otherwise. David, the blogger who maintains the site, appears to update frequently.
Hope this helps you earn some extra ca$h!
I recently heard about an opportunity that I had to pass along to my readers.
Wife Swap, the reality show, is looking for families to cast on their show. In order to be considered the family has to consist off a two-parent home with at least one child between the ages of 6 and 17, that is living at home full time. Families that are cast receive $20,000 for their time and commitment.
The show requires two wives from two different families with very different values to exchange husbands, children and lives (but never their bedrooms) for seven days to discover what it’s like to live a different family’s life. The families must be willing to display their family lifestyle with America.
If you or someone you know may be interested in this opportunity, you can email the contact information to Amanda Gershkowitz, Casting Associate Producer at Wife Swap, amanda.gershkowitz (AT) rdfnewyork (DOT) com . Please let Amanda know you heard about it on my blog, Latina On a Mission, and while you’re at it leave a comment so we can make sure we stay tuned!
Madison Square Garden is hosting a Sports & Entertainment Career Fair on Thursday, July 30, 2009. The fair is an opportunity to meet professionals within the following fields: sales, marketing, advertising, ticket office, public relations, finance and more!
There will be two sessions to meet with representatives from top Sports and Entertainment companies. Session A is from 1:00-3:00pm and Session B is from 3:00-5:00pm. I’ve noted below a few of companies that will be onhand.
- Madison Square Garden
- MSG Entertainment & MSG Media
- New York Knicks
- New York Rangers
- New York Liberty
- Beacon Theatre
- Radio City Music Hall
- Disney ABC Television Media Networks
- Gazelle Group
- Newark Bears
- NJ Nets
- NY Yankees
- Prudential Center
- Universal Music Group
In order to attend the seminar, you must register beforehand. There is a registration fee to attend the seminar. If you register in advance, before 7/23/09, the fee is $25. If you register after 7/23/09 the fee is $35. The last day to register is 7/29/09. As an added bonus, registration includes a ticket to the New York Liberty vs. Washington Mystics game at 7:30pm.
If you plan to attend, prepare, prepare, prepare. Research the objectives of the company or companies that you are interested in. Update your resume adding select keywords from the companies profile. Bring several copies of your resume to the fair. Obtain and bring copies of recommendation letters. Prepare a short introductary pitch. Practice test questions and answers. Dress professionally. Walk with confidence and most importantly smile!
To register and for more information click HERE.
To research the companies listed above click HERE.
For tips on how to introduce and sell yourself click HERE.
For practice questions and answers click HERE.
I received the following job posting from a friend. Delta’s Summer Airport Customer Service Program is looking to hire individuals 18 and older for full-time summer positions in various locations. Summer employees will also receive Delta worldwide
Click below to view the posting.
Delta Airlines Job Posting
If interested, click HERE to apply directly with Delta.
Have you ever wanted to run away and join the circus? Well now is your chance to join THE CONEY ISLAND BOOM A RING!
The Coney Island Boom A Ring will be accepting applications for ticket sellers, ticket takers, ushers and custodial and maintenance personnel. The jobs will run from June 18-September 7 and are available to anyone 16 and older.
If you’re interested, or know anyone who can take advantage of this opportunity, you can bring a completed application with you to the Job Fair. Click HERE to see the Job Fair flyer. You can get an application by clicking HERE. You can also find more information on the Coney Island Development Corporation Web site by clicking HERE.
The Job Fair will be held on Wednesday, May 27, at Keyspan Park in Coney Island from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Job Fair is being offered as a collaboration between Feld Entertainment, the parent company of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey and Coney Island Development Corporation.
The postions look like a great opportunity for our youth, although adults would enjoy working in these positions as well.