It was beautiful.
Today, I want to share with you my oldest son’s recorded reading of their inscriptions. He made it this year as my Mother’s Day gift and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Happy Mother’s Day!
NOTE: I received the above from a company I do business with and just had to share their wonderful words of wisdom! Enjoy!
This year I decided to make a list of what I would like for Mother’s Day, and shamelessly promote it on my blog, in case anyone is wondering and needs ideas!
Feel free to add onto my list or make your own by posting a comment! Cause as one very wise woman told me one day “Sharing is caring!”
1. Breakfast in Bed – Seriously what is better than laying in bed while eating your favorite meal!
2. A handmade card from my sons. I keep these each year and one day plan on making a scrapbook (future post).
3. Chocolate that I don’t have to share! I LOVE the Chocolate Covered Artisan Marshmallow With Caramel at Chocolate.com.
4. A fridge stocked with my favorite Baskins Robins ice cream, Oreo Cookies and Cream AND Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and a pantry stocked with Brownies from Chocolate.com so I can make my Brownie Delight at home: Hot brownies with ice cream and fudge on top! Aye que rico!
5. A good book that I can read during some quiet time, purchased with a coupon, of course: Save 10% off one item with coupon code: W3W7B7K
(a) Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas
(b) Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey- I truly do not believe in changing oneself to win a man but so many of my girlfriends have given this book rave reviews. Now I’m on a mission to see if it stands up to the hype. Will let you know!
(c) The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton -I love a good mystery and this book received 4.5 stars in reader ratings. Hope its as good as they say!
6. A picnic lunch at the beach
7. New clothes to wear to the beach! Totally loving these chic and cheap items:Tianna Pleated Cami (good for work too),Brenna Maxi Dress(long and flowing), Karen Chiffon Top(Hint!Hint! Totally loving this one Ken!), Lanie Halter Dress(great for my figure-small on top!), Shauna Tank(defines & gives me a waistline!).
8. Accessories because they can update any outfit! I absolutely love the Brook Cutout Leather Cuff(A steal for $12.50!), Goldie Floppy Hat(Saves my skin & hair from the damaging rays!),Verena Wood Bracelet (daintier than the leather cuff), Venus Tassel Hobo(big enough to carry my kids knick knacks while looking chic!), Davina Buckle Belt(LOVE THIS BELT!).
As you can tell, I am leaning towards earth tones this year, which will work well with the items I brought last year that were so much brighter.
On a side note, did you know that Mother’s Day was created on May 12, 1907, by Anna Jarvis in honor of her recently deceased mother? She wanted other’s to note the contributions that mothers make and fought for 7 years to make it a national holiday. It was finally recognized in 1914! Her excitement was later dimmed when she saw how the holiday was commercialized. In 1920, she started a company called Mother’s Day International Association, claiming copyright to the second Sunday in May and fought vehemently against the holiday. She said, “A printed card means nothing except that you are too lazy to write to the woman who has done more for you than anyone in the world. And candy! You take a box to Mother—and then eat most of it yourself. A pretty sentiment!” Now she was definitely a woman dedicated to her mission!