My oldest son is in college. Although he received a full scholarship to cover his tuition, we still had to take out loans for room and board. It was a daunting task and at times felt overwhelming.
For many, the student loan process can be very confusing. Often times it’s not exactly clear what the repayments will look like. It can put off students who do not understand the financial process and what it means down the road. Having a resource like SALT to help students, and their parents, navigate the process and select which repayment plan makes the most sense can be very helpful.
Given that student loan can cripple a student before he has even entered the work world, learning how to defeat debt is key.
SALTMoney.org, brought to you by American Student Assistance® (ASA), is a nonprofit organization and completely FREE. It was set up to help individuals take charge of their student loans. It also offers services that will help students take control of their money during and after college – You know what they don’t teach in school.
According to the site, SALTMoney.org gives you access to the following:
- Simple online tools to track and plan your student loans
- Tips and guidance to help you make smart financial decisions about tricky loan stuff
- Help finding scholarships, internships, and jobs
- Deals and discounts that put more money in your pocket
- Know-how that empowers you to be money smart
As a parent, I know that there will come a time when my son may not need or want my advice for whatever reason. Knowing that he has a FREE resource, like SALTMoney.org, that can help him navigate his finances and defeat his debt reassures me and allows me to breathe easier.
SALTMoney.org also wants to help YOU breathe a little easier by giving one very lucky Latina On a Mission reader a $200 giftcard! To enter follow the instructions below.
Good luck! / ¡Suerte!
Visit SaltMoney.org and share something cool/helpful that you learned while checking out SALT! Leave your response in a comment below.
- Register with SaltMoney.org to get valuable money saving tips for TWO (2) extra entries! Let me know what name you used when registering in a SEPARATE comment below.
- Subscribe to my blog via email for TWO (2) extra entries. If you already do, let me know in a comment.
- Follow @MsLatina on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. CLICK TO TWEET. Provide me with the tweet URL in a comment. One tweet per day till the giveaway ends.
- Share this post, or any another, on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, Digg, or any other social media platform. Each “share” gives you ONE (1) extra entry and can be done daily. Just let me know which post you shared and your username, if applicable, a SEPARATE comment below! Note: If I cannot verify the post was shared, your entries will be invalidated.
- Leave a comment on ANY other post, dated May 1, 2013 or later, for TWO (2) extra entries. Let me know which post in a comment below.
Disclosure: LOAM did not receive compensation for said post. Opinions noted herein belong to the Author alone. LOAM does not handle prize fulfillment. SALT is not associated with giveaway, however, they will provide the prize and forward the same to the winner.