It’s Sabroso Saturday (Translation: Tasty Saturday)! The day when we share recipes that have helped us stretch our budget, our imagination and our taste buds, without sacrificing our health.
I’m so excited! I received the “100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know” from Glamour. As a Glammy Glambassador, I was given a copy to review before it hit stores. I haven’t had time to create any of the recipes but have already circled a few to make, including today’s recipe. I love it because of it’s simplicity and heart healthy omega-3s.
They also have a recipe they claim can get you engaged, called The Engagement Chicken. You can see the story behind the chicken below.
With those testimonies, I’m not sure I want to make it anytime soon! I think I’ll wait till I meet the almost perfect man 😉
So on to today’s featured Sabroso Saturday recipe, the Bikini Season Baked Salmon, which I copied from their book.
Bikini Season Baked Salmon
- Four 8 ounce skin -on salmon fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Put the salmon skin-side down in a ceramic or glass baking pan. Rub the salmon fillets with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Let the salmon sit in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the white wine over the salmon, then sprinkle 1/4 cup parsley on top; save the remaining parsley to use later. Put the pan in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the salmon fillets are opaque.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, capers, remaining parsley, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Top each salmon fillet with lemon juice mixture and serve immediately.
You’re done. Simple and sweet. But don’t let that fool you! This receta/recipe is jam packed with heart-healthy omega-3s. Why is that important? Because omega-3s helps your body burn fat much quicker so enjoy it with gusto!
Till next week, eat hearty, eat healthy and eat well!
Do you have a Sabroso Saturday recipe you would like to share? It’s easy!
If you are a blogger, you can share a sabroso/tasty recipe you have posted this week on your blog by adding a DIRECT link to it below.
If you do not blog but have a Latinalicious recipe that you would like to share, shoot me an e-mail at MsLatina (AT) latinaonamission.com with “Sabroso Saturday” in the Subject line. If I am able to make it at home and my family enjoys it, I will feature it!
Readers can view linked-up recipes by clicking on their names below.
Enjoy & have a healthy Sabroso Saturday!