At Latina On a Mission, we want our readers, and their families, to exceed. That’s one of the reasons we are always happy to share scholarships and other info that will help you prosper. Today, we’re happy to share an exciting opportunity for the NYC FOCUS Fellows Program Open to Latinas and African American Female Entrepreneurs to help them take their tech startups to the next level! But HURRY the deadline to apply is August 1, 2014. See info below.
The digital undivided FOCUS Fellows program is an intensive week long program that has a impressive track record of success!
Over 30 percent of the black female startup founders who participated in the program have raised at least $50,000 in venture or angel funding and 10% have raised more than a half of million dollars. In contrast, studies have found that less than one percent of startups backed by tech investors were founded by African-Americans. You can view profiles of past FOCUS Fellows HERE.
The FOCUS Fellows program takes place in New York City from September 30-October 5 and coincides with FOCUS 2014, a diverse tech conference.
Female entrepreneurs selected to participate in the FOCUS Fellows programs will receive:
- The opportunity to pitch to VC and angel investors with a track record of investing in companies led by diverse founders
- Exclusive one-on-one mentoring from top industry experts including a session with Kathryn Finney, the founder of FOCUS and digitalundivided.
- Intense business development and pitch training
- Access to the digitalundivided network and other FOCUS Fellows
- Round trip transportation and accommodations in New York City for the program
- A full pass to the FOCUS conference
Deadline for applications for the FOCUS Fellows program is August 1, 2014. So, please hurry! Click for info and to apply online.