I, along with the other MomsRising’s #FoodPower speakers, will be on hand to CHAT and answer any questions you may have. Below are the featured participants.
- Tanya Fields, Bronx food justice activist
- Migdalia Rivera, Go Red Spokeswoman and Lifestyle Blogger
- Yoli Ouyia, NY Coalition for Healthy School Food board member and green living blogger
- Kimberly Seals, Mocha Manual
- Prevent Obesity
Join us to share your comments, ideas, resources, and questions by adding the hashtag #FoodFri to your tweets at that time. And don’t forget to invite your friends/family and Twitter followers to join the chat to imagine creative, healthy ways to engage our kids about healthy food. Below are a few sample tweets. Feel free to tweet them out!
- Join @MomsRising & @Prevent_Obesity 4 #FoodFri 1pmEST. We’re talking junk food & childhood obesity PLS RT!
- Join @MomsRising @MsLatina @yoliouiya @Prevent_Obesity @MochaManual @BlkGrlInc for #FoodFri 1PM EST
Tweetchat details below.
What is a tweetchat?
A tweetchat is a virtual gathering on Twitter where organizations and everyday people come together to discuss important issues. MomsRising has a social media reach of more than 3.5 million viewers. Last week, their #FoodFri tweetchat earned 5 million impressions! Let’s amplify the conversation about the importance of limiting junk food and increasing children’s access to healthy food as a way to reverse the childhood obesity epidemic! Just log-on to twitter and search for the hashtag #FoodFri. You can also follow along by going to tweetchat.com and search for #FoodFri.
Hope to see you there!