It’s Sabroso Saturday (Translation: Tasty Saturday)! The day when we share recipes that have helped us stretch our budget, our imagination and our taste buds, without sacrificing our health.
We eat a lot of chicken in my home, A LOT. It’s the most economical meat and can be made in so many different ways. From baked, grilled and stewed, we’ve pretty much tried it all. Thankfully, the boys aren’t tired of it. In fact, when my tween was younger he called any meat placed before him “chicken” – that’s how often I made it! And really, this isn’t going to change anytime soon.
Today, I wanted to share a recipe that my boys and I have made. It’s a fave because it’s different. It’s also sabroso/tasty; hence, the feature on Sabroso Saturday!
Let me know what you think in a comment.
Sabroso Saturday Recipe: Brisk Lemon Chicken Wings
Recipe serves eight (8)
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, cut in half with tips removed
- 5 Tbsp. Country Crock Spread, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped (Fresh is best but if you are crunched for time you can buy already chopped)
- 2 cups Brisk Tea with Lemon – this adds the flavor!
- 3 Tbsp. cayenne pepper sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper, to taste.
3. Line the bottom of a broiler pan with aluminum foil and arrange rack on top. Arrange chicken on the prepared pan.
4. Bake, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, approximately 1 hour depending on your oven and altitude.
5. Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of the Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook garlic for 30 seconds. Stir in Brisk® Tea with Lemon and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly syrupy and leaves a trail when the bottom of the pan is scraped with a spatula (about 20 minutes).
6. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in cayenne pepper sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in remaining Spread.
7. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce, then toss cooked chicken with remaining sauce mixture.
8. Serve with reserved 1/4 cup sauce for dipping.
Enjoy and watch out for finger lickin’!