One of my self-imposed missions is to help others obtain a college education; as result, whenever I discover information that will assist others toward that mission I am happy to share it here on Latina On a Mission.
- How to pay for college: financial aid and scholarships
- The college application process: standardized tests, how to write an application essay, admissions interview tips
- School fit: how to pick the school for you
The online bilingual events, presented in English and Spanish, will consist of streaming video presentations and live chat. They will also have the following:
- Virtual booths for colleges, featuring electronic brochures, videos, webinars, podcasts and real-time IM and video chat between admissions counselors and students/parents
- Real-time, interactive Q&A sessions with admissions officials
- Live interactive video chats with current college students providing an insider’s perspective on their school and the admissions process
- Networking capabilities to connect students with other students and service providers
The first event on Tuesday, Feb. 26, begins at 5 p.m EST. They will also have events on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013
- Thursday, March 14, 2013
- Tuesday, April 16, 2013
- Thursday, May 2, 2013
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Let’s talk! How are you preparing for college success and opportunity? Share your tips in the comments so that we can help one another!