Apr

Minority Health Blogger Townhall Event at The White House #MinorityHealth #SMlatinas

As a blogger, a Latina Blogger, I get invited to many events, both in English and Spanish. Yet, to date, I believe this event is by far one of the most exciting and most important!

This Tuesday, I will attend a live in-person Minority Health Blogger Townhall event at THE White House.

Not only am I excited about the location (It is the White House!), I’m also looking forward to meeting the below individuals and discussing what the health care law, the Affordable Care Act, means for racial and ethnic minorities. We will also discuss racial and ethnic heath disparities and how the Administration is addressing these disparities.

In attendance, will be:

• Cecilia Munoz, Director of Domestic Policy Council, The White House
  • Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary, US Department of Health & Human Services
  • Dr. Regina Benjamin, Surgeon General, US Department of Health & Human Services
  • Dr. J. Nadine Gracia, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Minority Health & Director of the Office of Minority Health, US Department of Health and Human Services
  • Mayra Alvarez, Director of Public Health Policy, Office of Health Reform, US Department of Health & Human Services

During the question and answer session, I will have an opportunity to pose any questions I, or my followers, may have;as a result, feel free to leave any question you may have in the comments below.

For those interested, the event will be live streamed at via www.whitehouse.gov/live and www.hhs.gov/live. Although Internet service is not guaranteed in the venue, I will try to tweet questions and comments as they are discussed. To follow or join in the discussion on Twitter follow the hashtag #MinorityHealth.

Let’s talk! If you have any questions about the Affordable Care Act that you would like me to present at the event, leave it in a comment below.

Raise your voice because knowledge is power!

Photo Credit:CC-BY-SA-3.0/Matt H. Wade at Wikipedia

1 Rachel April 23, 2012 at 11:34 am

This is amazing!

2 Kimberly/Foodie City Mom April 23, 2012 at 11:35 am

Congrats! That is wonderful!
Kimberly/Foodie City Mom recently posted..Brené Brown’s TED Talk (You’re Welcome…)

3 Divina April 23, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Can’t wait to see you there!
Divina recently posted..Dancing Hotdogs GOES TO WASHINGTON, D.C.! #MinorityHealth

4 Pattie @Living Mi Vida Loca April 23, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Congratulations! Thank you for representing us. Looking forward to your recap.
Pattie @Living Mi Vida Loca recently posted..“Tips to Spice Up Your Parties” Farm Rich style #FarmRichSnacks

5 Bren @ Flanboyant Eats™ April 23, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Congratulations! This is fantastic. Anyone with an opportunity to speak about their passions and interests in D.C. has one up! Good luck!

6 Bren @ Flanboyant Eats™ April 23, 2012 at 1:12 pm

okay, not speak but sit in is still a big deal. I used to be a Congressional intern and attended a lot of hearings on different matters that I cared about (and others that I didn’t! LOL) — wishful thinking that you were speaking! Soon!

7 Cristina-Una colombiana en California April 23, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Awesome! Keep us posted, please!
Cristina-Una colombiana en California recently posted..Luis Enrique, el Príncipe de la Salsa

8 Elisa April 23, 2012 at 3:35 pm

What an amazing experience and very important for our community. We have the most to gain from health reform. I am curious as to how many more young people have health insurance due to provisions allowing them to remain on their parents’ insurance until they are 26 and children can’t be discriminated against because of pre-existing conditions.

You go!
Elisa recently posted..Equal Pay Day Part I

9 Peru Delights April 23, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Congratulations! This is a great opportunity for you. Wishing you the best of luck.

10 Sujeiry April 23, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Posing a question because I listen and like to grant requests :-)

What does the Affordable Care Act provide for individuals without kids? I don’t have children. I am single and also self-employed. How does this act affect women like me?
Sujeiry recently posted..Still Living with Mom (MAMIVERSE)

11 Cristina April 23, 2012 at 10:59 pm

FELICIDADES!!!!!! Estoy súper orgullosa de ti.

12 Lisa - AutismWonderland April 24, 2012 at 9:04 pm

What an exciting event. And such an honor to be invited! LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!

13 Veronica of Muy Bueno April 25, 2012 at 11:37 am

Congratulations Migdalia! This is an amazing opportunity. I can’t wait to read your recap of the event and what may or may not have been accomplished at the event.
Veronica of Muy Bueno recently posted..Slow Cooked Roasted Chipotle Chicken by Chef Aarón Sánchez + Giveaway