How heart smart is your shopping cart?
As a parent, and consumer, I want to believe I am making heart healthy choices for myself and my family. Yet, reality is that most consumers don’t.
Many families avoid heart-healthy foods because they think they won’t taste good or are too hard to make or cost too much. . The good news is that this couldn’t be further from the truth! You can “heart your cart” with foods that are simple to prepare, convenient, affordable and sabroso/delicious!
Diane Henderiks, R.D., provided me with some simple and inexpensive ways to “heart your cart”.
- Make your own salad dressing by mixing balsamic vinegar and Welch’s grape juice.
- One 4 oz glass of 100% grape juice equals 1 serving (1/2 cup) of fruit – with no added sugar. *Welch’s 100% Grape Juice is a great option!
- Instead of purchasing bread crumbs, pulverize oatmeal down to powder, mix with flour and use mixture to bread chicken.
- In sangria recipe, substitute wine for Welsch’s grape juice. Heart healthy and festive!
- Red wine, salmon, oatmeal or olive oil are heart-healthy foods.
Let’s talk! How do you “heart your cart”? Share your tips in a comment below!
To save your wallet, while saving your heart, click HERE to obtain printable grocery coupons.
To find Welch’s products and heart-healthy resources, including shopping tips, videos and recipes visit welchs.com/rewardyourheart.
*To learn more about the Concord grape’s health benefits go to www.GrapeScience.com