If you received a text message from Payless between October 29, 2005 and October 29, 2010, you may be entitled to a merchandise credit worth up to $25.
This lawsuit alleges that Payless violated federal statute by sending unwanted and unsolicited text messages promoting Payless products to cell phone subscribers . The text messages usually originated from shortcodes 242424 or 747474. Examples of sent text messages are shown below.
|PSST …Payless Insider, Ur the 1st to know BOGO starts TODAY 9/29! bUY 1 Get One 1/2 off EVERYTHING 866-746-5923 or END3 to Opt-Out Txt fees apply Not @ Shopko|
|Payless thnx U for giving us your number! Show 28147 & get 20% OFF ur next purchase 7/2 -7/27 866-746-5923 or END3 to opt out Txt fees may apply Excludes Shopko.|
According to the site, merchandise certificates are:
- Fully transferable
- Can not expire for a period of 12 months from issuance
- Valid on any item sold by Payless (at any Payless store in the U.S.)
- Can be combinable with other gift cards or certificates
- Do not require the purchase of any particular product
- Can be used to purchase of an item(s) selling for more than $25
- Can be used to purchase an item that costs less than $25 BUT bearer will NOT receive a cash refund or a credit for the unused amount
- Not valid on previous purchases
To verify eligibility and/or to get full details about the settlement, go to www.paylesstextsettlement.com or call (800) 945-9438. Just hurry, you must file your claim before February 6, 2012 to be eligible.