Like many, I have made of list of goals/resolutions that I would like to accomplish. Actually, in honor of 2012, I have made 12! Some may seem redundant, some simple, and others so complex I’m not sure how I will accomplish them but I have a dollar and a blog and I’m not afraid to use them!
So here goes:
- Write one handwritten note, to be mailed or hand delivered, to a family member or friend for each day in 2012. I started this project because I think a hand written note can convey so much more than a text, Facebook post or even a tweet. It can be saved and cherished for years to come, passed down through the generations and treasured like other formats can’t.
- Laugh with gusto each and everyday, which brings me to number 3 below.
- Find humor in everyday situations.
- Remove the words “can’t”, “can not”, “failure” and “fail” from my vocabulary. I believe words are important; as a result, I will not say I can’t or cannot. I will instead look for ways that I can. I will not place myself in a box, too many people do that already. Because really what is a failure? It doesn’t mean you’ve failed. It means you’ve tried.
- Compliment myself at least one time each day in front of others. As a Latina woman, I was taught to not boast, to draw attention to myself and to stay silent. I say “BASTA! No more!” 2012 is the year to own my words and myself!
- Commit to wearing colored undies every single day. That means white, taupe, beige, and black can NOT be worn in 2012. I am wearing the brightest, laciest, and most garishly sexy undies every single day. I will no longer wait for a special occasion. Why not join me? Trust me, even if you are the only one who knows it, it’ll be sure to have you strutting!
40, 30, 20 pounds this year. Aw shucks even 10 sounds good! I don’t want to be a stick figure, no matter what the latest fashion magazines say. I like my curves and I am sure the men do as well.
- Take a 15 minute walk around the neighborhood everyday while smiling! Yes, that means some days I will be pasting it on but who cares!
- Call someone every single day… before 9pm! No cell phone restrictions for me LOL
- Work less, de-stress and make a mess…of everything! If it isn’t fun, if it doesn’t give me joy, if I can’t get down and dirty than it’s not for me. This year, I promise to be me, whether others like it or not.
- Say YES more often. Yes, to a weekday date. Yes, to a longer lunch. Yes, to life! I only have one to live and YES I want to live it!
- Love unconditionally whether they give it back or even deserve it. I am going to live passionately. I am going to love passionately. I am going to be ME.
Let’s talk! What are your 2012 resolutions? Let us know in a comment!
Image Credit: Image: supakitmod / FreeDigitalPhotos.net