It’s Sabroso Saturday (Translation: Tasty Saturday)! The day when we share recipes that have helped us stretch our budget, our imagination and our taste buds, without sacrificing our health.
This is a Guest Post by Rachel White of The Digital Latina.
The holidays just aren’t the same without festive cookies to munch on. Cookies are loved by everyone and they should be shared amongst those closest to you. Baking has always been a part of the celebraciones en mi casa (celebrations at my home). The kids love to get involved in the process as well. They feel so accomplished to see and taste their finished products. A kitchen filled with cookies in the oven is certainly one with lots of love – it’s one of our family traditions.
This Chewy Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe from Hersey’s Latino is super easy to prepare and calls for only 6 ingredients, 5 of which you most likely already have in your pantry. Chewy peanut butter blossoms are beautiful and taste so good. It’s hard to eat just one. They glisten on the outside and are chewy on the inside. Topped with a hershey’s kiss, this cookie will be a sure hit!
Chewy Peanut Butter Blossoms
- About 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 3/4 cup REESE’S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 cups all-purpose biscuit baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 1/4 cup sugar
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in large bowl until smooth. Add baking mix and vanilla; blend well. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until very lightly browned (do not overbake). Remove from oven; immediately press chocolate piece in center of each ball. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container. About 48 cookies.
Variation: CHEWY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS: Add 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa to baking mix; proceed as above.
So turn on your favorite holiday tune, tighten up your apron and get ready to make this simple recipe a new tasty tradition in your home. Happy Holidays!
For more Hershey’s recipes visit http://www.hersheys.com/latino/kitchens/.
If you’re a blogger, add a DIRECT link to your recipe below. If you do not blog but have a Latinalicious recipe that you would like to share, shoot me an e-mail at MsLatina@latinaonamission.comwith “Sabroso Saturday Recipe” in the Subject line. If I’m able to make it at home and my family enjoys it, I will feature it!
Enjoy & have a Sabroso Saturday!
Let’s talk! What’s your favorite Holiday Cookie?
Let us know in a comment!