Nov

Wordless Wednesday: Because Sometimes You Need A Contract

Because sometimes you need a contract…even at home!

After drawing up the below contract for my 10 year old tween, he asked for an attorney. Brave considering I was irate but I took a breath and explained this was a small claims court case, so no attorney was needed (Every moment is a teaching moment right?). He blanched, told me he needed to think it over, and read it over a few more times, before eventually signing.

Score one for Mommy! He hasn’t missed a day since!

Btw, if you want to learn how I’m able to write on my walls – the walls are magnets too! – check out my post on Chic & Cheap Ways to Decorate Your Walls.

11-8-11 Post
Have you ever had a family member sign a contract? Let us know in a comment!

Happy WW!

If you are joining in WW, feel free to link up your photo below.

1 Bicultural Mama November 9, 2011 at 12:35 am

Great learning lessons all around – funny he asked for a lawyer and your response was great.
    Bicultural Mama recently posted..Film Project Spotlights the Hafu (Half-Japanese) Experience

2 CatSynth November 9, 2011 at 2:06 am

He’s quite clever and witty, asking for a lawyer :)
    But it’s great that you were able to come to an agreement and turn it into a teachable moment.

3 Denise November 9, 2011 at 7:47 am

So cute… We started a $ jar this week…
    Denise recently posted..Simplicity… {Wordless Wednesday}

4 Melinda-LooKWhatMomFound..and Dad too! November 9, 2011 at 9:59 am

love it! I so want a chalkboard instead of our crappy corkboard

5 Vida November 9, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Love it! I wonder if it will work for my 2 and 4 year old sons? :)
    Vida recently posted..Winner – Zutano Gift Card Giveaway

6 Lourdes Colon November 9, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Hilarious!! and Mission Accomplished.ha ha

7 alissa apel November 9, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I haven’t yet, but my kids are pretty young (3 and 6). I do make them help me with laundry. They both have to put their underwear, socks and shoes away. Then they put their clothes on their bed for Mommy to hang up. They also have to put their dirty dishes on the counter. I was making Mica put them in the sink, but Isaak tried that and broke a plate. The counter is better right now.

8 Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud November 10, 2011 at 11:50 am

That’s awesome! I think it’s really important to give children responsibilities and to hold them accountable. It’s an important life lesson and skill that they’ll need as adults. Way to go, mama!

9 Mike November 10, 2011 at 12:01 pm

All very true statements.

We had lists of rotating responsibilities for all 3 of ours. Good to see so many folks still teaching these life lessons.