Oct

Wordless Wednesday: Street Art

I recently found this artwork while walking around the city. I’m not sure what it is, but I can tell a lot of care was put into it. What do you think it is?

Street Art

Happy WW!

1 Schmidty October 26, 2011 at 12:56 pm

It looks like a stop watch in the shape of a heart …meaning, maybe, that time is ticking away for all of us and in matters of the heart we should be vigilant. I think. :)

2 Ms. Latina October 26, 2011 at 1:01 pm

@Schmidty: I am so loving your thinking! As a Go Red Spokesperson I know how important our hearts are and agree with your interpretation completely.
Ms. Latina recently posted..NYC Restaurant’s “Grade Pending” Score Explained

3 CatSynth October 26, 2011 at 1:12 pm

It’s definitely a watch of some sort. A bit of a surrealist cliche, actually :)

I’m still trying to figure out what the green represents, though.
CatSynth recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Doll at Center

4 Wendy T October 26, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I love this, and your question.

I think it is a heart, outside it’s body in the 11th hour. I think it could have been done by a person who received a new heart via transplant just in time…expressing their love in the shape of the commonly drawn heart.
Wendy T recently posted..…He Would Come

5 Wendy T October 26, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Ohmygosh.

After I hit submit, I saw Cat’s question so I looked. Green is indeed the color for organ donation.

Now I really think it’s what I thought it was :) So very, very cool!!
Wendy T recently posted..…He Would Come

6 alissa apel October 26, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I assume it means something about love ending or love beginning.
alissa apel recently posted..Early Halloween?

7 Sandra October 26, 2011 at 5:31 pm

ITS BEATIFULL PHOTO

8 Rachel October 26, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I haveno idea, some kind of clock. Very pretty and most of all – its my fave color!
Rachel recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: A Pumpkin Playground

9 Rufina October 26, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Wendy, you taught me something. I had no idea green is the color of organ donation.

10 Patricia October 30, 2011 at 6:31 pm

At first glance…it tells me watch your heart before it stops.

11 ellen October 31, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I think it signifies organ donation too and to remind us somewhere someone is in their last hours and is waiting.