It’s Sabroso Saturday (Translation: Tasty Saturday)! The day when we share recipes that have helped us stretch our budget, our imagination and our taste buds, without sacrificing our health.
It’s officially Fall. The weather is cooling. The kids are back in school. And me…I’m cooking!
I normally cook my family meals without a recipe. Most were passed down from family member to family member, while bonding over a hot stove or oven. Lately, I’ve been trying to write down those recetas/recipes and posting them as Sabroso Saturday posts, while also interspensing new recipes readers have sent me or I’ve discovered in my new addition to the cocina /kitchen.
Since I test every recipe before posting it on LOAM, to make sure it not only tastes great, but that I have written directions down correctly, I can vouch that my family likes them. With a child who dislikes veggies, another who dislikes anything that looks different and well, limited time, it can be challenging, but it is possible! Plus the money saved from ordering out, puts a smile on my face. I hope it puts one on yours as well!
Below I noted ingredients I used to create the meal. You can substitute as needed if you can not locate the same ingredients near you.
Do you cook more often in the cooler seasons?
Let us know in a comment!
King Ranch Chicken
- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann’s Original – stick (Healthier than butter since its cholesterol-free)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (To save time, you can buy frozen veggies, just note it costs more)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (10 – 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 – 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 oz) RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch) torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Spray your baking dish, sides and bottom, with cooking spray. set aside.
- Melt Fleischmann’s in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bell peppers & onions, stirring continuously for about 5 minutes or until the peppers and onions are tender.
- Add both cans of soup, the can of RO*TEL undrained, and the chicken. Stir.
- In the baking dish, layer one third of tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese evenly in the dish. Repeat the same layers two more times.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes or until it’s hot and bubbly! Remove from oven.
I served my King Ranch Chicken with rice and a side salad; however, you can serve it as a stand alone meal. It’s that filling!
Since I served it with rice and salad, I had enough for two nights. I simply froze the remaining King Ranch Chicken and microwaved it the next day.
NOTE:Since I hate clean up. I spray PAM on all sides of the baking dish before cooking to make clean ups easier. I find this is cheaper than purchasing new aluminium pans every time I bake. Plus it looks so much prettier when I serve a meal in a real baking dish!
Do you have a Sabroso Saturday recipe you would like to share? It’s easy!
If you are a blogger, you can share a sabroso/tasty recipe you have posted this week on your blog by adding a DIRECT link to it below.
If you do not blog but have a Latinalicious recipe that you would like to share, shoot me an e-mail at MsLatina@latinaonamission.com with “Sabroso Saturday” in the Subject line. If I am able to make it at home and my family enjoys it, I will feature it!
Readers can view linked-up recipes by clicking on their names below.
Enjoy & have a Sabroso Saturday!
Disclosure: LOAM is a Pam sponsored Blogger; however, experiences and thoughts are our own – como siempre! /as always!. You can find coupons and more at PAM’s Facebook Page.