Sep

Wordless Wednesday: Nowhere Leads to Elsewhere But I Rather Be Somewhere!

I bet you’re thinking, “Huh?”

But it’s true!

While taking a stroll in New York City I found “Nowhere”.

nowhere, NY

My little one suggested they may have meant “NowHere”. Could be! Because how could it be that I am NowHere and also be “NoWhere”? That would be pretty vexing, don’t you think?

I didn’t have to ponder that thought for too long, since I soon came across “Elsewhere”.

elsewhere, NY

“Elsewhere” seemed so much better than “Nowhere”. However, given the choice, I would much rather be “Somewhere”!

What about you? Would you rather be nowhere, anywhere or somewhere?

Happy WW!

Btw, the picture of “Somewhere” is from Tropical Island Pictures. Sadly, it wasn’t I who took that shot! Boo!

1 alissa apel September 14, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Those places are funny and ironic.

We used to take our design students out to shoot signage one afternoon. I don’t think they do that any more. It was kind of fun.

2 Andrea September 14, 2011 at 2:26 pm

These are perfect shots. Love the NowHere concept. Both kind of work I suppose – to get people talking!
    Andrea recently posted..This Magic Moment …

3 Bicultural Mama September 14, 2011 at 2:47 pm

That’s pretty funny, those 2 signs!
    Bicultural Mama recently posted..Win 4 Free Tickets to See Women of the Calabash in New York City

4 Alba Garza September 14, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I think i sound like my son when I say I rather be somewhere! Cause to him we are never anywhere.
    Alba Garza recently posted..September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

5 Sabrina September 14, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Good play with the words….

6 CatSynth September 14, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I usually try to be somewhere, but not just “anywhere” :)

Definitely names that can get a new place noticed, especially in NY!
    CatSynth recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Ominous Sky

7 Julie @Momspective September 15, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Now I just need Somewhere.
    Julie @Momspective recently posted..Party Girl

8 Patty @ A Day in My NYC September 16, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Love all the pictures! And of course “nowhere” is smack in the middle of Manhattan! LOL! Love it!
    Patty @ A Day in My NYC recently posted..Far-Out Fashion: Hair Clip?

9 Bren @ B So Chic!™ September 18, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Definitely somewhere! Definitely! Did you actually eat at those places!?!? Well, are they resto’s?? Great post.
    Bren @ B So Chic!™ recently posted..Girl in a Blue Dress