Sep

Chic & Cheap: Colorblock Dress Inspired by Kate Winslet

Kate Winslet wore a figure enhancing Stella McCartney colorblock dress at the Venice Film Festival that was AMAZING. It made her appear curvier because of the colorblock styling. To see the dress click HERE.

Knowing I couldn’t afford THAT dress, I decided to look for a more affordable options.

Below is what I found at Macy’s for $99.

Colorblock dress

Below is a colorblock dress from Chadwicks,on clearance for $19.99.

ColorBlock dress2

What do you think about the above colorblock substitution? Chic AND Cheap or just plain cheap?

Let us know in a comment!

Disclosure: By purchasing an item from an above affiliate link you support Latina On a Mission without a cost to you! ¡Mil gracias!

1 alissa apel September 23, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I think it looks chic!

2 Bicultural Mama September 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I saw the Kate Winslet picture in People magazine and she looked amazing. I would like to have one of these dresses because it gives the illusion of curves. I have a boyish figure, no curvy waist and a pretty flat chest. I could really use a dress like this.
Bicultural Mama recently posted..Zutano Showcases a Vibrant New Line of Baby & Toddler Clothes

3 Aixa September 23, 2011 at 6:41 pm

The Macy’s dress is incredible. It stylizes your figure, it’s elegant and at an accessible price. The second one, uh-uh. The price is right, but it doesn’t do thhe job.

4 Stephan Hilson September 24, 2011 at 10:58 am

I checked the dress of Kate Winslet, which seems suits her. What I don’t like about the dress is that it accentuates the chest area, which could be distracting and it only suits to people who got some curves like her. The Macy dress looked more nice and stunning. The colorblock dress from Chadwicks looked very wonderful since the black and blue blended very well.

5 Sabrina September 26, 2011 at 11:59 am

Kate Winslet looks absolutely beautiful, the first dress is amazing. The second dress is cute but looks more conservative.

6 CatSynth September 28, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Definitely chic. I am quite fond of colorblocking, it has a very modernist quality to it. The cut on the two dresses is different, but it’s good to have variety.
CatSynth recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Green Window