Two of my biggest household expenses are food and laundry. I’ve been able to cut back on my food shopping by using coupons; however, short of not washing clothes, I haven’t been able to cut my laundry bill. It’s an expense I learned to deal with and don’t mind paying , especially when I consider the alternative: tween and teen boy funk!
To complicate matters, both my tween and I have sensitive skin. Talk about expensive! Having sensitive skin makes it even harder for me to save on detergent, since we can only use specific brands.
I never thought that this portion of my household budget would ever see a dent until I tried the Robby Wash Fuchsia Laundry Ball Pack.
The Robby Wash Ball is a ball filled with macro-molecule pellets that can wash clothes in cold or hot water. The fuchsia ball provides advanced cleaning on dark clothes in cold water, while the blue laundry ball pack is used for normal loads in cold or hot water. You can toss either ball into your front or top load washing machine, selecting the wash cycle you would normally use. Best of all,the Robby Wash Ball is hypoallergenic and did not cause any allergic reactions in me or my tween.
Highlights of the Robby Wash Ball:
- 10 ounces of Robby Wash ball replaces 75 lbs. of traditional laundry detergent – environmentally friendly.
- One Robby Wash ball lasts up to 12 months. The ball itself will last 3 years.
- One Robby Wash ball will save more than $100+ over 120 washes
- One Robby Wash ball is only $32.95 and lasts one year. This includes refills.
- It is eco-friendly, hypoallergenic and safe – commonly used in Europe with baby laundry (as well as adults’ laundry).
- Third party tested, proven and guaranteed to clean better than traditional powder laundry detergent.
Below I took a video of how easy it is to use straight from the box!
One downfall I did find is individuals like me who have to wash clothes at a laundramat and do more than one load at a time. The Robby Wash ball is fabulous but I normally wash about 4-5 loads at once. If I were to do one load at a time, I would spend all day in the laundry room! Based on that, I would need several kits. Sadly, the website does not sell the balls separately so you would have to purchase an entire kit for each load.
Yet even with that its still more cost effective than purchasing my current laundry detergent.
In my home we can wash 8-10 loads a week. I use 100 oz of detergent every 3-4 weeks. Each bottle cost about $17, on sale or if purchased with coupons, which means I currently spend about $204 per yr on detergent. One Robby Wash Laundry Ball costs $32.95, with free ground shipping, for a savings of more than $150 a year!
If I were to buy 4 balls for a total of $131.80, I can do all my laundry at once and save approximately $70 the first year and even more in the subsequent years. Win win in my eyes!
One Latinalicious reader will be able to win their own Robby Wash Laundry Ball Pack. Just complete the mandatory entry below to enter. Want more chances? Read on!
¡Suerte! / Good luck!
MANDATORY ENTRY- YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE YOU CAN RECEIVE ANY EXTRA ENTRIES:
Go to http://www.oransi.com, look through their products, and leave me a comment letting me which other Oransi product you would like to try.
EXTRA ENTRIES – LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY:
2. Follow @MsLatina on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway, stating the below. Provide me with the tweet URL in a comment. One tweet per day till the giveaway ends, so go ahead tweet away!
Save money on Laundry, check out the Robby Wash ball & enter to win one of your own! http://bit.ly/GW27a #Giveaway #MsLatina
3. Blog about the giveaway, linking back to this post, and provide me with the url for two (2) extra entries.
4. Leave a comment on ANY other post for THREE (3) extra entries. Each comment must have been posted after August 16, 2011. Let me know you did so in the comments below.
5. Share this post or another on Stumble Upon, Technorati, Digg, and/or Facebook. Each post shared gives you 3 extra entries. Just let me know which post you shared and your username, if applicable!
6. If you’re a blogger, sign up to become a Stiletto Media blogger and grab their button. Leave me your blog link in a comment so I can verify button placement!
Giveaway ends September 12, 2011 at 11:59 P.M. EST
Open to US residents only
As always, I will use random.org to select the winner. The winner will have 7 days to respond or another winner will be selected. Also, don’t forget, in order for random.org to count all of your entries a separate comment must be entered for each item that is completed. Random.org will not count it otherwise.
Winner’s will be announced on the Giveaway Winners page.
Disclosure: I received a review product to test and provide my honest opinion. The product in no way influenced my review.