Aug

Model/Actress Takes a Swipe at Bloggers

Christie Brinkley Quote

I recently came across this quote in the Daily News Gatecrasher section. As a blogger, I am deeply offended by Christie’s statement which states that the blogosphere is “one of the ugliest places in the world.”

Like any other profession, there are always bad apples in a bunch. I also believe that many do not understand the blogger  profession, the ethical responsibility bloggers have, or the work involved behind the blog, however, this in no way justifies a blanket statement like the one above.

Thoughts?

1 Jessie Nuez August 2, 2011 at 10:47 am

To be honest, her words mean nothing to me or my work as a blogger. She is not an important factor in my life for me to take her statement to heart.

2 KKimberly/Foodie City Mom August 2, 2011 at 12:03 pm

She said “can be” (but of course they left that part out of her quote) and let’s be honest…it can be. I’m not talking about our corner of the blogosphere, but there are many gossip sites that are brutal towards celebrities. If I were a celebrity, I wouldn’t read them either!

Then, there are kind, decent bloggers (like yourself) whom I happily read :-)

3 Gianna August 2, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Sounds like she read something bad about her once on a blog LOL. Some people just don’t like any kind of criticism.

4 Sydney August 2, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Maybe SOME bloggers who write about celebrities, and things of that nature are unreliable, but she can’t let one experience ruin her view of bloggers! There are plenty of reliable, amazing bloggers out there, she just needs to look around.

5 Maria August 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm

who is this person? LOL

6 Alena Chandler August 2, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I would say celebrity gossip sites are probably the worst sites for celebrities to read. It is horrible to read some of the things they say…especially if it’s about you. I don’t for a second feel offended. She isn’t talking about you and I and every day bloggers. She’s referring to people who use a blog forum to take others down.

7 Bicultural Mama August 2, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Totally agree with you, sounds ignorant. Bet she got slammed in a blog before and is bitter.

8 Anthony from CharismaticKid August 3, 2011 at 9:02 am

Deeply offended? Are you really or just saying this? Who cares! I’ve already forgotten about it.

9 Liz @ South Texas Wedding August 3, 2011 at 10:12 am

That’s absolutely awful! I love blogging and I love reading blogs!

10 Andrea August 13, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I agree with Gianna, maybe someone wrote about her on a blog and said mean things. But hmph. That’s kind of a rudely generic thing to say, IMO. Sorry Christie – I totally disagree!

p.s. Came by to link up for SS, but there isn’t one up, so maybe I’ll just save it and link up next weekend if you do it. ;) Besos! xoxo