Aug

Just the Reason I Want My Son to Be Remembered…NOT!

Picking Nose

My ten year old recently connected with a young girl from his Pre-K class.  She calls him constantly because she has a crush on him. He enjoys the attention and so picks up every single call.

One day while talking to Andrew, she tells him she found another one of their Pre-K friends. She said he remembered Andrew because he sat behind him and always picked his nose.

With motherly wisdom, I turn to my son and say,

“He probably said that because he likes her.”

Ever truthful, Andrew replies,

”He does. But I did pick my nose.”

Ahhh just the reason I want my son to be remembered!

Have your children shared any moments like this one with you? Please tell me my son is not the only one!

1 Alba Garza August 23, 2011 at 10:37 am

Your son is not the only one. Matt came home one day telling me about him farting in class in front of everyone. I told him how embarrasing, adn thought, what a bad day he had had. But no, he laughed it off between all his friends, and him. They thought it was hilarious. I would have been so embarrased, telling my parents please can i stay home tomorrow, or asking the teacher to go to the nurse, so I could go home immediately. Kids.

2 sunshine August 23, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Too cute!

3 jeantte August 23, 2011 at 3:54 pm

that cracked me up – my son took down his pants to pee and dd not care that his butt was being shown to the whole class – I said “close the door, everyone can see your booty”, he just shrugged his shoulders and continued.

4 alissa apel August 23, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I think a lot of kids that age picked their nose. My oldest used to tell me, “Mom I have to get my booger seeds out!” Silly boy!

5 Bicultural Mama August 23, 2011 at 11:21 pm

That story was too cute! Well, my DD is starting to pick her nose (she’s 2 and discovered her fingers fits pretty well up there). Maybe she’ll have a story to tell years later like your son’s. :)

6 CatSynth August 24, 2011 at 3:57 am

That is a great story. Childhood honesty is both endearing and profound :)

7 Li August 24, 2011 at 8:36 am

LOL!!! wonderful! LOL great story!

Best,
    Li

8 Marcela August 26, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Very cute! Girls calling the house… scary ( :

My son is almost to that age!!!!

9 Patricia August 30, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Thanks for the laugh! I can only imagine what my girls will be up to when they begin school!

10 JoAnna Kelley September 5, 2011 at 9:10 am

How funny….My son is almost 10 and I am not looking forward to the girls calling! But I know it will come soon enough :/