Aug

I Survived #Irene And All I Got Were These Pictures

We made it! New York City weathered the storm. It survived Irene without any major catastrophe.

As promised, below are post images of New York.  I scoured the web and these images were the ones that stood out.

Did you take any pics you would like to share? Let us know in the comments and leave us a link!

Irene: 6:30am LI, NY

#IRENE : Our car is under those downed tree limbs somewhere. ... on Twitpic

Times Square earlier today…
Today's a beautiful day, but yesterday streets were eeri... on Twitpic

All Amtrak and NJ Transit trains have been suspended due to #... on Twitpic

You can also watch the below documentary, created by two young filmmakers who went out during Hurricane Irene to document what occured in their Manhattan neighborhood.

Irene NYC from Buffalo Picture House on Vimeo.

1 Christy Orellana August 29, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I survived Ike in 2008. It came in trough Galveston, TX leaving millions of damage there. By the time it reached us in Houston, an hour later it was not as strong. But it left us with no lights for over a week! We struggled to find ice to keep our food cold, we had to take showers in the dark because we had to save our batteries for the night. Gas stations, convenience stores, groceries stores, everything was closed! I am glad you and your family are ok :)

2 Bicultural Mama August 29, 2011 at 1:01 pm

So glad you are okay! We are fine, too. Just out of cell service. I posted a bunch of pictures from our neighborhood in Long Island that shows the damage Irene left behind if you’d like to add this to your collection: http://www.biculturalmama.com/2011/08/photos-hurricane-irene-damage-in-long.html

3 Patricia August 29, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I am glad nothing to major happend. Thanks for sharing that video!

4 Maybelline @ Naturalmente Mamá August 29, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I´m so glad everything is ok..

5 Alba Garza August 29, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I am so glad you are OK.

6 sunshine August 29, 2011 at 7:58 pm
    7 Jessyca August 29, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Im so glad you are okay, and nothing too serious happened. Ive never been in something like this before. I live in Indiana. So sometimes this dull boring state is a good place to live when it comes to natural disasters and stuff.

8 Sabrina August 30, 2011 at 10:55 am

As many of us dodged the bullet big time, others were not so lucky. Glad to hear you and the boys are ok.

Let’s continue to pray for those that were not so lucky…

9 JoAnna Kelley September 5, 2011 at 8:52 am

Glad to hear you are ok….as a Texan I know exactly how it feels to go through a hurricane. Worst one we had was just a few years ago..Ike..it was very hard but we all got through it! :)