Jul

Wordless Wednesday: Pepper Plant

When I lived in Long Island, we had a huge backyard, almost half an acre. I loved it because I had a garden. But when I moved back to the city, I couldn’t take it with me. In the beginning it didn’t bother me. I love living in the city! But I missed my garden.

So what can a City Girl with country desires do?

Plant a window sill garden, using every available space!

This is my green pepper plant. I’m already envisioning what I’ll make when these get bigger!

The bottom little one fell as I was setting up the holding stick. What a difference from the one above!

Happy WW!

Feel free to link up your WW posts below.

1 Dariela July 6, 2011 at 11:49 am

That is so cute!! I have some space and I should really have a little edible garden. Very inspiring Migdalia!
    Dariela recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Summer

2 CatSynth July 6, 2011 at 12:00 pm

What a great idea! I should grow some vegetables on my little patch of outdoor space here in SF. Not sure which ones…

3 Rosie July 6, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I just passed a fruit/veggie street vendor and he had the most gorgeous peppers. Yummmm

I too miss my mini-garden in the ‘burbs. Will have to get myself a couple of plants and “hook it up”.

4 Angela Alvarez July 6, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pepper plant. So now you have the garden you left and the spicy attitude you picked up. Good for you!

5 Marcy Kennedy July 6, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Happy WW!

6 Lilian Hurn-Súper Baratísimo o Gratis. July 6, 2011 at 1:26 pm

good idea i did know they can grow a container. Yummi peppers.
    Lilian Hurn-Súper Baratísimo o Gratis. recently posted..Recordatorio: Blockbuster película Gratis 9 códigos hasta el 8 de Julio

7 alissa apel July 6, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Looks familiar. We have one of those too! I’m excited to use them in salads!
    alissa apel recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – In the Dog House

8 caite@a lovely shore breeze July 6, 2011 at 2:03 pm

that is the cutest little pepper ever!
    caite@a lovely shore breeze recently posted..Wordless Wednesday…Holland America’s Nieuw Amsterdam

9 melissa (all sewn up) July 6, 2011 at 2:03 pm

the itty-bitty pepper is s cute! :)
    melissa (all sewn up) recently posted..My Girl Has Style , what can I say?

10 Presley's Pantry July 6, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I have a few herbs growing in my garden but I would like to start growing chiles. TY for sharing.

11 Maybelline @ Naturalmente Mamá July 6, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Love it!!! you’re a example that you don’t need a big space to grow your own vegetables..

I love the tiny little one!!
    Maybelline @ Naturalmente Mamá recently posted..Miércoles Mudo ~ Feliz

12 Ericka July 6, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I take for granted the space I have in my deck and yard. I started an herb garden and a jalapeño garden and it dried out. I would love to have the time to grow and care for my own veggie garden. It’s so therapeutic.

13 Marta July 6, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Nothing like a home-grown veggie! That’s a nice cocecha in your hand. : )
    Marta recently posted..How to Repurpose a Wasted Space

14 Uchi July 6, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I have mint , basil, oregano, chives and many more herbs at home. I love them!! Thanks for the idea of green pepper plant. I thought it required much more space…

15 Helenation @ Pink Guayoyo July 6, 2011 at 5:59 pm

OMG! Too cute. Love the mini one…

16 Ms. Latina July 6, 2011 at 6:27 pm

OMG Marcy You just made my day with your comment! I am totally missing you and your blog!!! If you ever start it up again, you better let me know!!! xo

17 Eliana Tardio July 6, 2011 at 7:53 pm

LOVE the pictures :)
    Eliana Tardio recently posted..MIERCOLES MUDO : Esos primeros dibujitos

18 Carelys July 6, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I love peppers! and they do so well indoors – with luck and a lot of care you should be able to keep it going the whole year – I have a 2 years old plant that has been alive here in Chicago (tell me about winters…) and I normally get peppers around February. Check my indoor pepper post. Enjoy that little pepper!!!

Carelys

19 Cristina July 6, 2011 at 11:34 pm

A window garden, a great idea! I love the little pepper, very cute!
    Cristina recently posted..Una noche con las estrellas

20 Aurelia Flores July 7, 2011 at 2:21 am

Can’t wait to see the creations you come up with. And what a good use of window space! ;)
    Aurelia Flores recently posted..Theme of the Month: Latino Money and Economics

21 Carrie at TikiTikiBlog! July 7, 2011 at 10:19 am

Wepa to you on that fabulous window garden in NYC, Migdalia!
    Carrie at TikiTikiBlog! recently posted..Let Go, Get More. (Giveaway and Video)

22 Bren @ Flanboyant Eats July 7, 2011 at 10:41 am

I have to plant in my kitchen and condo patio, too! I hate that. But I do a lot of gardening when I go to my parent’s home in D.C. They’ve got such great herbs and vegetables growing that it makes our home cooking so much more flavorful! Love it! Let me know what you do w/those little peppers. I hope it yields a lot for you! :)

23 Julie @Momspective July 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm

AW! Cute tiny lil pepper! I want a pepper plant!
    Julie @Momspective recently posted..Friday, Fucking Friday