I learned how to make homemade pepinillos/pickles when Karl, my teen, was young. Thank goodness I did, because not only does he love them but so does Andrew, my ten year old! Word to the wise, once you have homemade pickles you’ll never buy store brought!
I got the recipe from a book I received at the Food Market almost 16 years ago. As you can see by the picture below it’s been through alot - don’t judge me ok
It’s simple and I’m sure it’ll get a lot of use during your backyard BBQs (Hamburgers and pickles? YUM!). Just remember, you have to leave it in the fridge FIVE days so plan ahead!
- 7 cups cucumbers cut very thin
- 1 cup onions cut very thin
- 1 cup green peppers cut very thin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of celery seeds
- Cut cucumbers, onion and green pepper very thin.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seeds. Mix well.
- Pour mixture over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for 5 days before serving. Stir twice each day (IMPORTANT).
Do you have a Sabroso Saturday recipe you would like to share? It’s easy!
If you are a blogger, you can share a sabroso/tasty recipe you have posted this week on your blog by adding a DIRECT link to it below.
If you do not blog but have a Latinalicious recipe that you would like to share, shoot me an e-mail at MsLatina (AT) latinaonamission.com with “Sabroso Saturday” in the Subject line. If I am able to make it at home and my family enjoys it, I will feature it!
Readers can view linked-up recipes by clicking on their names below.
Enjoy & have a healthy Sabroso Saturday!