Apr

Is It Chic or Just Plain Cheap?

After spending the past few days in 3 1/2 to 4 inch heels, my feet are screaming for relief! While searching for something stylish, I came across TOMS Shoes.

They are the newest trend and come in a variety of colors, including glitter for the inner child in you. TOMS will also give a pair of new shoes to a child in need, with every pair you purchase. One for One.

To find out more about TOMS shoes, click here.

Would you wear them? Let us know in a comment!

As always, stay chic, stay fabulous, stay YOU!

Don’t miss out on future Chic & Cheap posts.
Have questions about something found within this post?
Read my Disclosure Policy.

Psst… don’t forget to enter my Shabby Apple Giveaway!

1 Portia April 8, 2011 at 11:18 am

I feel bad for saying these are cheap because I know these are for a good cause and are eco-friendly. Not my cup of tea. That said when your dogs are barking sometimes you’ve gotta pick comfort over style. I think TOMS fit that criteria.
Portia recently posted..Once a Bully Always a Bully

2 Roxanne April 8, 2011 at 11:51 am

I would wear them. I love the denim and pink. I think they would look great with a bohemian look. I particularly like the espadrilles at the bottom of this page. The look comfortable! Love them and their good cause!

3 Patty April 8, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I wasn’t sure it was a woman’s shoe until I saw the pink one.

Not a fan…I’d say cheap!
Patty recently posted..Disney’s African Cats

4 Milly April 8, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I would NOT wear them. They dont look girlie to me; im all about looking girlie. Of course I dont knock anyone for wearing them because they do look extremely comfortable but just not my style.

5 Meg Loop April 8, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I don’t think these pics do them justice. There are lots of options for Toms out there. I tend to wear them with a more nautical look. They can be really eclectic.

6 Andrea April 9, 2011 at 12:11 am

They are interesting looking. I’m in the market for supportive flats, and I think they might be the kind I mean, but I also don’t want something so – eh – I don’t know, orthopedic seeming. Maybe because I have been there and done that, and my feet hurt a lot. Anyway, I think they could work, I just don’t know if I’d buy a pair!

Oh! But I just saw the comment about the shoes in the ad at the bottom of your page, and those are super cute! I’d wear those, but they’d probably end up killing my feet!
Andrea recently posted..Its mine- I want it back

7 jai April 10, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Yea they are definitely not for me. I do love heels just as much as you but I have a pair of flats that I ADORE and live in. I bought them at target and they are black sequined.
jai recently posted..Spring Dresses under 25 at Dots

8 Tara April 11, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I own 6 pairs, TOMS Shoes are very popular out here in Los Angeles. Although they are casual, they are still more dressy than a flip flop though. Also, the Olsen twins just designed their own pair.
Tara recently posted..Michael C Hall- Chloe Sevigny and Kiehls celebrate Earth Day

9 Vida April 12, 2011 at 9:58 am

I like the pink pair…would definitely try them out!
Vida recently posted..Thalia Kids’ Book Club- Meeting author-cartoonist Lincoln Peirce

10 Missa April 16, 2011 at 11:20 am

I was never a fan of TOMS shoes, but they’ve been growing on me recently. I do like the pink pair on the bottom, and now they have wedges.
Missa recently posted..My baby brother- the blogger!

11 Lissette R. April 29, 2011 at 11:35 am

At first, I didn’t like them, but now they’re growing on me. Having moved from Miami to NY, I now make sure I have a good selection of comfy/stylish walking shoes. I still havent cracked and bought a pair yet, but I’m sure i will soon enough :)