During my trip to Austin, Texas, my boys and I visited a Mongolian restaurant aptly called Mongolian Grille. Inside they offered a healthy buffet. Customers were allowed to load up plates with noodles, vegetables, fruits and chicken, pork or beef, if desired. After making your selections, you create your own sauce at the sauce bar and present it to the “Grill Master” [I forgot to ask his name]. You can see a video below.
The dishes we ordered are easy to replicate at home with a wok. I included ingredients that were available at the buffet below to give you an idea of what to include in your own recipe. I am sure there are a slew of other options that can be included, so go ahead be daring and throw it in!
NOTE: I suggested ingredients but did not write down amounts needed. This would vary based on taste. For example, my 9 year old loves pineapples so I would add extra for him, while adding less for my teen who is not a great fan.
Possible Vegetable and Fruit Ingredients:
- Bell peppers
- Green Onions
- White Onions
- Snap Peas
Possible Meat Ingredients:
- Grilled chicken (grilled without seasoning)
- Grilled beef (grilled without seasoning)
- Egg noodles OR regular noodles prepared according to package directions
- I took a picture of their sauce combination. To view a larger image click on the photo. Note, “L” means ladle. Their ladle was mid sized.
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Grill meat/tofu. I did not season the meat or tofu beforehand. I felt it would take away from the flavor of the sauces; however, if you prefer, you can season to taste.
- Cut vegetables to bite size, making sure to core and remove any seeds as needed. Do the same for any fruits added.
- Spray wok with Pam. Add veggies, fruits, meat and sauce to wok.
- Make sure sauce covers ingredients and stir.
- Once browned, add noodles. Mix well.
- Remove from flame after app. 2-3 minutes.
You can see a video of the “Grill Master” below! For those of you wondering, the voices in the background below to me and Andrew. We were so excited when we saw the finished product (after 4:00), we couldn’t hold back the ohhhs and ahhhs!
Till next week, eat hearty, eat healthy and eat well.
Do you have a Sabroso Saturday recipe you would like to share? It’s easy!
If you are a blogger, you can share a sabroso/tasty recipe you have posted this week on your blog by adding a DIRECT link to it below.
If you do not blog but have a Latinalicious recipe that you would like to share, shoot me an e-mail at MsLatina (AT) latinaonamission.com with “Sabroso Saturday” in the Subject line. If I am able to make it at home and my family enjoys it, I will feature it!
Readers can view linked-up recipes by clicking on their names below.
Enjoy & have a healthy Sabroso Saturday!