The Lounge’s entrance was hidden inside a “pawn” shop. Featuring guitars on the back wall and oddities in display cabinets, the dark shop gave no indication of the opulence held behind that door.
The door provided entrance into a world of extravagance, with chandeliers, dimmed lights and floor to ceiling mirrors, full of powerful men and women who oozed femininity and grace.
Taking the stairs, I entered a private room. It was even more richly decorated than the first.
The room served as the perfect backdrop for a luxurious hair product like Pantene and the unveiling of its hair survey. Steven Ward, the host of VH1’s “Tough Love” and CEO of Master Matchmakers, shared the results, as well as his expertise on attracting the opposite sex that evening to a select group of women.
The Pantene results were met with one of two reactions, nods or gasps of surprise. Do you agree or disagree with the survey results?
- 74% of men indicated that they notice women because of their hair and 44% of men surveyed said that hair is the first thing they notice about a woman, more than her clothes (26%), legs (25%), or make-up (4%).
- Most men surveyed would be more likely to approach a woman at a bar with great hair than a woman wearing a low-cut shirt [This surprised me!]. 82% of men indicated that sexy hair is a key element to a woman’s overall sex appeal.
- 60% of men surveyed say they would rather date a woman with great hair than a woman with big breasts[Ummmm really?] and 78% of men surveyed consider healthy hair to be a turn-on.
After the survey results, we were regaled with dating anecdotes and Steven Ward’s private musings on men and women. Several had us agreeing wholeheartedly, while others had us up in arms. Below are 11 that I just had to share.
- It takes 7 seconds for a man to fall in love.
- If you bash one man, men take that as bashing all men.
- Women tend to dress for women, instead of men.
- Women admire make-up, clothing and jewelry. Men don’t look at these things.
- Men are drawn to certain things, like hair, subconsciously.
- Men like confident, fun, and approachable women.
- Men LOVE when another man notices the woman they are with. Women, on the other hand, get jealous if another woman notices her date.
- Women don’t like dating men who take longer than they do to get ready. If a woman is with such a man, its because he must be overcompensating in another department.
- Men think the most unattractive hair is gray hair. According to Steven Ward, you should have your hair dyed immediately if it is!
- Men want to believe you are uncomplicated and easy going. High maintenance women tend to scare men away.
- Don’t pull a Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde on your man. Keep yourself maintained and don’t let yourself go.
Do you agree with Steven Ward’s 11 truths about men, women and dating?
Disclosure: I received no compensation for providing the above recap. I shared these tidbits because Pantene’s results and Steven Ward’s musing were too juicy to keep to myself!