Feb

A Salute to My Go Red Sisters!

Go Red Picture

This week promises to be a whirlwind of activity for me. I have several events planned for something I am very passionate about, women’s heart health. I am excited to be part of an organization that shares my passion:  Go Red for Women and Go Red Por Tu Corazón, the Spanish version of Go Red.

During my many Go Red events, I have met some incredible women. I now call them my Go Red Hermanas/Sisters. They are truly amazing women who have inspired me much more than they realize. Their courage, tenacity and willingness to share their lives and hearts has made me realize just how important it is to share our stories.

They are married, single, divorced, and widowed. They work outside the home, inside the home, are stay at home Moms and students. They are Latina, Caucasian, African American, and Asian. They stand for survival. They are you and I … and today I want to take a moment to applaud them.

Thank you my Sisters, you have opened up my world!

Go Red 2

Go Red 4

Go Red 3

Go Red 7

Go Red 6

Please join me on Wednesday, February 2, 2010 for the Go Red Twitter Party and support this great cause.

1 Alissa February 1, 2011 at 2:48 pm

My place of employment is a hospital and we are HUGE supporters of Go Red. I ended up in one of our advertisements for the program…of course, I didn’t look nearly as fabulous.

But, I’m glad you support such an important mission!

2 Sabrina February 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Great mission! Everyone looks amazing!

3 Carolyn G February 1, 2011 at 3:53 pm

THose are fantastic pictures. It’s nice to see this issue getting the attention it needs.

4 Lisa February 1, 2011 at 4:18 pm

This is amazing! I love how you are bringing this important issue to women like me. Thanks for supporting a great cause. PS You looked fabulous!!!
    Lisa recently posted..Shout-Out Sunday – 1-30-11 How To Make Money Through Your Blog

5 Janine February 2, 2011 at 12:27 am

I love this…you are truly an inspiration to many and I thank you for this wonderful tribute. Have a wonderful week with our other Go Red Sisters and all of the AHA, Go Red staf in NYC ! I am sure you all will do us proud! Post lots of pictures after the event if you can! <3 ya…

6 Janine February 2, 2011 at 12:28 am

7 Janine February 2, 2011 at 12:29 am

I love this…you are truly an inspiration to many and I thank you for this wonderful tribute. Have a wonderful week with our other Go Red Sisters and all of the AHA, Go Red staff, in NYC ! I am sure you all will do us proud! Post lots of pictures after the event if you can!

8 1955nurse February 2, 2011 at 3:21 am

WOW! Great pic – I’m a supporter of this movement as well, Heart disease is the #1 Killer of Women, even higher than Breast or Cervical cancer! Let’s all spread the word, especially to our Mami’s y Abuelas!
    Get out those Red dresses, and GO RED FOR WOMEN!

9 CatSynth February 2, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Gorgeous pictures! And for a such a great cause :)

10 Divina February 4, 2011 at 4:09 pm

What a great looking bunch of powerful and healthy women.
    Divina recently posted..Raving Rabbids- Travel in Time Video Game Review

11 Angela I. February 5, 2011 at 8:41 am

Great Cause, thanks for sharing and also beautiful pics!
    Angela I
    Angela I. recently posted..Want to trade

12 Tiffany Sparks February 13, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Such a great way to get a message out. Everyone looked gorgeous!