It’s Sabroso Saturday (Translation: Tasty Saturday)! The day when we share recipes that have helped us stretch our budget, our imagination and our taste buds, without sacrificing our health!
With February just around the corner, I’ve been thinking about Valentine’s Day. Although I don’t have a mate right now, I love helping my friends plan their romantic rendezvous and what better way to romance a man then by feeding him first!
Because the day should be spent beautifying yourself, and NOT in the kitchen, I thought this recipe that is featured on the Gortons.com website for Mini Tostadas with Guacamole and Shrimp would be perfect. They are extremely easy to make and can be done in about five minutes flat.
They’re the perfect finger food for you to create a romantic candlelight picnic. Grab a bottle of wine, spread a blanket in your living room, bedroom, or, weather permitting, outside by the water, and feed this finger food to your Sweetie. They are super easy to make and to pack if you are traveling. I’m sure after eating these sabroso tostadas, your Sweetie will be wondering how he can snatch you up before someone else finds out about your skills!
Psst, they are also great for when the girls get together, as a quick meal with the family, or even for a large dinner gathering!
Interesting Tidbit: According to Wikipedia, eating avocados for 7 days can help lower ones cholesterol! Click here and scroll down to their “Nutritional value” section to read more.
Mini Tostadas with Guacamole and Shrimp
4-6 Servings (12 mini tortillas)
- 1 (8oz.) package Gorton’s Classic Grilled Shrimp
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or the juice of 1/2 lime)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 10-12 mini tortillas (about 3″diameter), toasted or round tortilla chips
1. Prepare Gorton’s Classic Grilled Shrimp according to package instructions.
2. In a medium bowl gently mash avocado pulp with a fork.
3. Add lime juice, cilantro and salt. Fold gently.
4. To assemble tostadas, place mini tortillas on a serving platter and divide guacamole among all the tortillas.
5. Top each prepared tortilla with one prepared Gorton’s Classic Grilled Shrimp. Remove shrimp tail for easier eating.
According to the Gorton website, this recipe will also work well with Gorton’s Shrimp Poppers and Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp.
Let me know what you think if you make them!
Do you have a Sabroso Saturday recipe you would like to share? It’s easy!
If you are a blogger, you can share a sabroso/tasty recipe you have posted this week on your blog by adding a DIRECT link to it below.
If you do not blog but have a Latinalicious recipe that you would like to share, shoot me an e-mail at MsLatina (AT) latinaonamission.com with “Sabroso Saturday” in the Subject line. If I am able to make it at home and my family enjoys it, I will feature it!
Readers can view linked-up recipes by clicking on their names below.
Enjoy & have a healthy Sabroso Saturday!