It’s Sabroso Saturday (Translation: Tasty Saturday)! The day when we share recipes that have helped us stretch our budget, our imagination and our taste buds, without sacrificing our health!
As one of the Go Red For Women and Go Red Por Tu Corazon Spokeswomen, I’ve been trying to live a healthier life, which means that I am also cooking healthier meals. Because of this I was ecstatic when I was given the opportunity to review the George Foreman Evolve Grill for my Holiday Gift Guide coming next week.
Since receiving the grill, I’ve made a few items, including a Chicken Parmesan Panini, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, and today’s featured baked Chicken, Potato and Vegetable casserole, that I baked like a lasagna, layering each ingredient in the George Foreman Evolve Grill’s Deep Dish Baking Plate.
It was so simple and cooked so quickly with the grill!I also loved that I could hide veggies in the casserole. When I served my teen, he removed the carrots from the top, not realizing I had shredded carrots and placed them inside the casserole. Halfway through his meal, he noticed the shredded carrots but ate it anyway! hehehe
Want to make this yourself?
Keep your eyes peeled for my
George Foreman Evolve Grill giveaway!
Makes 4-6 servings
- 3lbs thin sliced chicken
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium to large sized carrot, shredded
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1/4 cup of minced Garlic (I buy the garlic already minced- saves time)
- salt, pepper, basil, olive oil to taste
- 15 oz. Tomato Sauce
- Preheat grill at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Mix garlic, salt, pepper, basil and olive oil in a bowl. Apply mixture to chicken.
- Let seasoned chicken stand while you slice/shred potatoes, onions and carrots.
- Add tomato sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer the seasoned chicken over the tomato sauce. Add onions, potato, and carrots.
- Pour tomato sauce over the chicken and veggies,
- Repeat step 4: Layer the seasoned chicken over the tomato sauce. Add onions, potato slices and carrots.
- Repeat step 6: Pour tomato sauce over the chicken and veggies.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until chicken has cooked. Note, time varies depending on how thin the chicken is sliced.
- Serve with salad and/or rice.
I served my chicken casserole dish with rice and beans, sweet plantains and salad (not shown).
Do you have a Sabroso Saturday recipe you would like to share? It’s easy!
If you are a blogger, you can share any sabroso/tasty recipe you have posted this week on your blog by adding a DIRECT link to it below.
If you do not blog but have a Latinalicious recipe that you would like to share, shoot me an e-mail at MsLatina (AT) latinaonamission.com with “Sabroso Saturday” in the Subject line. If I am able to make it at home and my family enjoys it, I will feature it!
Readers can view linked-up recipes by clicking on the recipe names below.
Enjoy & have a healthy Sabroso Saturday!
Disclosure: I received a George Foreman Evolve Grill for review purposes; however, this in no way influenced my opinions. Trust me, if you owned this baby, you would gush about it too!