Oct

Sabroso Saturday: Argentinean Beef Stew

It’s Sabroso Saturday (Translation: Tasty Saturday)!  The day when we share recipes that have helped us stretch our budget, our imagination and our taste buds, without sacrificing our health!

********************

This week I am noting an Argentinean Beef Stew recipe I discovered eleven years ago in a Land O’Lakes recipe collection. My sons have grown up with it and love the sabor/taste, while I love that its low in calories.  Its also extremely simple and quick to make.  Overall, its a scrumptious win-win for all!

Argentinean Beef Stew

• 1 tablespoon Land O Lakes Garlic butter with Olive Oil
  • 3/4 pound beef top round, 1/2 inch thick, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 1 medium (1/2 cup) carrot, chopped
  • 1 small (1 1/2 cups) butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 6 dried peaches, quartered
  • 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) beef broth
  • 1 can (7 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
  •  1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

1. In 2 quart saucepan melt butter until sizzling; add beef cubes. Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned- about 3-4 minutes.
  2. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT parsley.
  3. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil, about 3-4 minutes.
  4. Reduce heat to medium. Cover, cookm stirring occasionally, until beef and vegetables are tender (14 – 16 minutes)
  5. Stir in parsley.

You can eat the Argentinean Beef stew alone or over rice, with a side salad!

¡Buen provecho!

********************

Do you have a Sabroso Saturday recipe you would like to share?  It’s easy!

If you are a blogger,  you can share any sabroso/tasty recipe you have posted this week on your blog by adding a DIRECT  link to it below.

If you do not blog but have a Latinalicious recipe that you would like to share, shoot me an e-mail at MsLatina (AT) latinaonamission.com with “Sabroso Saturday” in the Subject line. If I am able to make it at home and my family enjoys it, I will feature it!

Readers can view linked-up recipes by clicking on the recipe names below.

Enjoy & have a healthy Sabroso Saturday!

1 Joscelyn @ MamiofMultiples.com October 2, 2010 at 3:09 am

What a great beef stew recipe! Its perfect for a Fall day and one that I will be trying.
    Joscelyn @ MamiofMultiples.com recently posted..Easy Recipe- Pinon Beef and Plantain Casserole

2 Ofelia October 2, 2010 at 9:21 am

Yum, dried peaches are something I pick up in store and end up munching as a snack. Using them in this recipe will be fun to watch as they plump up.
    Ofelia recently posted..Pasta Fagioli Recipe – Sabroso Saturday

3 Tonia -@TheChattyMomma October 2, 2010 at 10:56 am

Wow, so many options when making beef stew. This looks absolutely delicious. Beef Stew is one of my absolute faves! I’m making beef stew in my crock-pot today. Stop by and check it out!

4 Carolyn G October 2, 2010 at 11:30 am

This looks perfect for a cold winter day!! MMMMM, good
    Carolyn G recently posted..1800Flowerscom – Deliver Birthday Smiles Campaign GIVEAWAY!!!!

5 Rachel October 2, 2010 at 11:42 am

A mi me encanta el beef stew. Its warm and hearty. Fit to fill up anyone’s tummy! I will try the Aregentinian recipe too.

Rachel

6 Lori (BklynGirl15) October 2, 2010 at 12:14 pm

OH MY WORD!! I love all the fall-like recipes. This looks dee-lish!! I know I’ve thanked you already but I wanted to thank you again for this recipe idea. It’s fantastic & I’ve already chatted up so great new Tweeps. :)
    Lori (BklynGirl15) recently posted..“Food- like a loving touch or a glimpse of divine power- has that ability to comfort” — Norman Kolpas

7 Romina Mamá XXI October 2, 2010 at 12:19 pm

I’m argentinian and I love this amazing recipe!! Thank You so much, is perfect for today that it´s colder. Saludos!
    Romina Mamá XXI recently posted..Sabroso Saturday Tarta de Zucchinis

8 Lisa October 2, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I would never think to make beef stew with peaches but this sounds good. Very Fall-like. I’ll have to give it a try. Thanks Mig
    Lisa recently posted..Easy Recipe- EASIEST Low-Fat Chocolate Cake

9 JulieDiazAsper October 2, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Yum. Love the idea of using butternut squash instead of potatoes. Unique and tasty!
    JulieDiazAsper recently posted..A Spanish Patatas Bravas Recipe a la little effort

10 TuCocina.net October 4, 2010 at 11:08 am

What a nice touch to add the dried peaches, for a little bit of sweetness!

11 Sabrina October 4, 2010 at 11:13 am

Looking forward to making this….

12 Brandy October 5, 2010 at 8:12 am

Sounds good! thanks for sharing. I am not a huge beef stew fan but always up for trying new recipes to see if I can make my taste buds enjoy it ;-)
    Brandy recently posted..Getting Sick Really