Sep

Wordless Wednesday: Eddie Griffin in New York

My cousin was visiting from Puerto Rico this past week and was pleasantly surprised when we bummed into Eddie Griffin while touring the city. If you are unfamiliar with Eddie Griffin, he is a comedian who has starred in several movies including Deuce Bigalow,  Date Movie, and Scary Movie 3.

My cousin and Eddie Griffin.

vanessa-eddie-griffin_9-4-2010

Eddie Griffin and I cheesing it up :)

Eddie Griffin & I

The men hamming it up ;)

Eddie Griffin, Eduardo & boys

Have you met any “stars” recently? Let me know in a comment!

Happy WW! Feel free to link up and don’t forget to visit the other participants!

1 CatSynth September 8, 2010 at 1:40 am

You can certainly run into all sorts of people in everyday situations around NYC.

2 Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) September 8, 2010 at 2:22 am

That was nice of Eddie to take so many pictures with you all.

3 Lauren @ Hobo Mama September 8, 2010 at 5:47 am

Oh, I am so jealous! How lovely that he posed with you — he looks like he’s really enjoying it.

4 Larry H. September 8, 2010 at 8:40 am

That was really cool of Mr. Griffin to pose for pics. He seems to be a really nice guy and I love his Pittsburgh Penguins hat.

5 Patty@NYC Girl at Heart September 8, 2010 at 9:40 am

Does Bruce Jenner at Blogher count? LOL :)

6 Rachel September 8, 2010 at 9:58 am

Ran into Stevo a couple of weeks ago on Park Ave! LOL

7 Rachel September 8, 2010 at 9:59 am

Really nice of Mr. Griffin to post for photos! Good man.

8 And Miles To Go... September 8, 2010 at 10:11 am

awesome shots!

9 JamericanSpice September 8, 2010 at 10:25 am

Oh that is so cool! He seems friendly and nice to stop and just enjoy the time for a photo.

I love his shows! Did you see ‘New Kid?’ :)

Lovely photos!

10 Carolyn G September 8, 2010 at 10:33 am

That is so cool and he was so nice to pose with everyone.

11 discoveringthemeinmommy September 8, 2010 at 12:27 pm

And he was so gracious with the pictures!

12 The Ranting Mommy September 8, 2010 at 1:42 pm

That was really nice of him to take so many pictures with you and the fam! Thanks for sharing with us!

13 li September 8, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Nice pics girl! Looks like you all had a great time!

Best,
    Li
    @LaLicenciada
    @HerDeepThoughts

14 Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly September 8, 2010 at 3:19 pm

That’s cool! Eddie is really down to earth!

I have too many celeb sightings in NYC that I’ve lost count, but some personal faves:

When Sarah Jessica Parker was dating Harry Hamlin and we literally ran into them coming out of an electronics store, and everyone knew who she was and no recognized him, so we were standing close to each other, and I said Hi Harry, and they both seemed so excited that I recognized HIM! Bendito! LOL

Once, I was at Carnegie Deli and seated next to Jackie Mason who made a bet with his friends about the line outside the movie window, he noticed we kept shaking our heads No, and asked us if we knew, we said we could settle the bet for him, but he’d lose. So we told him and his party what the line was for and he had to pay for lunch, his friends loved us, him…..not so much. LOL And I think it also bothered him that we were the only people in the whole restaurant who didn’t ask for an autograph or a picture….

In an elevator on my way to a job interview and I’m the only one in there, and then Al Pacino gets on! I guess since I didn’t really react one way or another, he started up a conversation, he was actually really very nice! With him, it’s the one time I wish I had my camera on me!

and my all time favorite, me and Steven Spielberg literally bumped right into each other at Grand Central! He had knocked my newspaper out my hand and bent down to pick it up at the same time I did, so we bumped heads! And both broke out laughing! LOL

15 Julie From Momspective September 8, 2010 at 3:30 pm

How totally random! I love it!

16 Michelle September 8, 2010 at 6:51 pm

How fun! I haven’t spotted any celebs lately, I think the last one we saw was “The Fonz” (Henry Winkler) in the car next to us in Carson City, NV. Before that it was Rob Schneider from SNL in Yosemite.

Peace. ;)
    Michelle @ greenearthbazaar.com

17 Nikki @ The Mommy Factor September 8, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Check you out! You’ll be in next movie!

I’ve met a bunch of stars as a blogger and not as a blogger. Hands down my fav star to meet in real life was Laurence Fishburne. Dude was intense. LOL

18 alicia September 8, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Fun pics. and that would be a NO. happy WW!

19 JulieDiazAsper September 8, 2010 at 9:54 pm

a friendly guy. he looks like was part of your crew for the day!

20 Sabrina September 9, 2010 at 10:22 am

Nice of him to pose for the photos. Great pictures!