~GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~
I was recently contacted by Emily and Cooper aka the Motherhood about writing in partnership with the Clorox Power a Brighter Future program. Although I have written about it in the past, and even co-hosted a Bilingual Twitter party with some amazing women, I couldn’t miss an opportunity to speak about it again for two very important reasons, my children and yours.
When I was growing up, education was emphasized. My family could not give me money but they could provide me with a first rate education, even if it was in a public school. It was my ticket out of poverty. It opened doors and widened my world.
In my Elementary, Junior High School and High School, I learned to play the viola, gymnastics, and baseball. In school, I learned to draw, to paint and to sculpt. I also learned to garden, and most importantly, that I had options. What are our children learning?
Some are NOT learning the arts, dance, or how to play musical instruments. Some are Not learning a second language. Some are NOT learning the basics.
What they are learning is that they don’t count, that they are not worth the effort.
Because of budget cuts!
What can we do?
We, the parents, can teach our children that they are valuable, that they do matter and that we do care.
We can show them with our words and our actions how important their education is to us.
We can unite. Hold fundraisers. Assist in classrooms. Sponsor a class. Support companies who care, like Clorox.
Because we care. You and I. Together. We can support our schools. We can join together and vote.
We can nominate our schools for the Power A Bright Future grant Program.
We can band together with other parents and vote.
For our schools, yours and mine.
Because our children need it.
They deserve a chance to win a $50,000 grand prize grant or one of three $20,000 grants to help provide critically needed resources to school programs that enrich children’s lives and create brighter futures. They deserve the key, the educational key, to open doors, to broaden their world … to succeed.
So go ahead and nominate your school at www.clorox.com from August 12 to September 27, 2010 and choose the category that best represents your idea. The three categories include: Learn, Play or Create. Upload a photo and a short summary of how the grant would make a difference, for example:
- Learn: Education-focused programs (e.g. establishing a school recycling program)
- Play: Sports and exercise-focused programs (e.g. building a playground)
- Create: Arts-focused programs (e.g. funding an after-school music program)
Nominators will receive exclusive Clorox classroom tools and the chance to win coupons for Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes, Clorox® Regular-Bleach and other great prize packs daily.
Once the nomination period has closed, Clorox will leave the voting up to you. Between October 4 and November 1, be sure to vote for your favorite nominee. To encourage votes for their entries, nominators will receive a “Promote-it!” kit with tips on how to encourage votes, like sharing on Facebook and an e-mail for friends and family members. Use it. Share it. It could win you $50,000!
For official rules and to nominate a school program, visit www.Clorox.com
But thats not all! For over four generations, Clorox has helped families and children stay healthier, cleaner and happier, with their stain removers and disinfectants, and now they want to give one Latinalicious reader the chance to win a Clorox giveaway bag! The bag will include the following:
• Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
• Dr. Harley Rotbart’s book Germ Proof Your Kids
• Clorox Hand Sanitizer
• Fun stickers
• Crazy cutting scissors
Ready to enter? Just follow the directions below.
MANDATORY ENTRY- YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE YOU CAN RECEIVE ANY EXTRA ENTRIES:
Answer the following question:
Which educator had the biggest impact on your life?
NOTE: You must be an e-mail subscriber to enter. Click HERE to subscribe.
1. Follow my blog with Google Friends and/or ”Like” my Facebook page for 1 entry EACH. If you’re already do, let me know!
2. Follow @MsLatina on Twitter.
3. Tweet about the giveaway, stating the below. Provide me with the tweet url in a comment. One tweet per day till the giveaway ends, so go ahead tweet away!
Enter to win a gift bag full of Clorox products! http://tiny.cc/GW37 #GIVEAWAY #MsLatina #CloroxBrightFuture
4. Blog about the giveaway, linking back to this post, and provide me with the url for 3 extra entries.
5. Leave a comment on a non-giveaway related post for 3 extra entries. Note the post in your comment and don’t forget to enter each entry in a separate comment! Wouldn’t want you to miss an entry!
6. Share this post and/or another post you enjoyed using any ”Share and Enjoy” submission (Example: Digg, Facebook, Technorati, MySpace, Stumble Upon, etc.). Each post shared gives you 3 extra entries. Just let me know which post you shared and your username, if applicable!
Giveaway ends September 6 2010 at 3:00 P.M. EST
Open to US residents only
As always, I will use random.org to select the winner. The winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be selected. Also, don’t forget, in order for random.org to count all of your entries a separate comment must be entered for each item that is completed. Random.org will not count it otherwise