The day when we share recipes that have helped us stretch our budget, our imagination and/or our taste buds. Recipes that have been tested and approved by YOU.
So link up and share those savory, satisfying, succulent, ¡Sabroso! recipes. Be sure to also visit the other participants!
My sons love chicken cutlets! I used to fry them but discovered they were just as tasty, and much healthier, when baked. While at BlogHer in New York, I attended an event where Ragu provided a variation of my baked chicken cutlets. I loved it! I also love that the recipe allows me to use my left over chicken cutlets in a different manner, making it feel like a brand new meal.
Note: I changed ingredients to cut down on prep time. I used seasoned dry bread crumbs, any brand will do, versus seasoning plain bread crumbs myself. I also used Light Ragu sauce versus the suggested Ragu Old Word Style Pasta Sauce. These changes were made to save time and calories. I do not think they changed the taste of the meal.
RAGÚ NO FRYING CHICKEN PARMESAN
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes| 6 servings
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs (I used Italian dry bread crumbs)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Ragú Pasta Sauce (I used Ragu’s Light sauce)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place bread crumbs in a bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then crumb mixture; turn to coat.
- Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- Pour Pasta Sauce over chicken; top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Once cooked, you can serve with pasta, in a sandwich or with a salad.
Tip: You can double up the recipe and freeze chicken cutlets for future use by not completing steps 2 and 3. When you are ready to prepare, preheat oven and begin with step 2.