I was recently given the opportunity to host this giveaway for Chronicle. It includes three Father’s Day books.
Dear Dad By Geoff Blackwell
The book is a tribute to one of life’s most fundamental relationships. Packed with photographs of grandfathers, fathers, and the children who adore them, this book will warm any dad’s heart and inspire families everywhere to capture those sweet moments with dear old Dad. Click on the link above to get a closer look at the book!
Handy Dad 25 Awesome Projects for Dads and Kids By Todd Davis
This book is perfect for the handy Dad or the one who strives to be! Its chock full of ideas and step by step directions to create Skate ramps, zip lines, go-carts, and more! In this super-fun book, Todd Davis-extreme sports athlete and host of HGTV’s Over Your Head-presents 25 awesome projects for dads to build with their kids. Busy dads can choose projects that range from simple to challenging and take anywhere from five minutes to a full weekend. Readers are given all the directions they need to grab materials that can be found around the house or at the local hardware store and get to work banging up a sweet BMX ramp or half-pipe, building a tree house or tire swing, or throwing together a slip-and-slide or tie-dye station for an afternoon of fun. With plenty of color photographs, easy-to-follow instructions, and detailed illustrations, Handy Dad is chock-full of creative and inexpensive ways to keep kids (and dads) entertained for hours.
Memento: The Gift of a Lifetime By Michael McQueen
After the unexpected death of his father, Michael McQueen faced the daunting task of sorting through his father’s papers and belongings. At the bottom of a desk drawer Michael found a well-worn notebook, a gift he’d given his father the previous year. He had hoped-but never really expected-that his father would use the questions to write about his life. When Michael opened the book, he discovered pages filled with his father’s handwriting. Stories, advice, memories that had never come up in family conversation filled page after page-it was truly the gift of a lifetime. From this experience, Memento was born. A beautiful gift across the generations, this incredible journal is meant for someone you love. The simple, thought-provoking questions will coax the life stories from loved ones and become a keepsake to be cherished for generations to come.
I love the books, each and everyone!
I actually received the Mother’s version of Dear Dad, called Dear Mom. I absolutely loved it! I will also admit I cried when I saw read my sons had inscribed on the pages. The photos in the book represented all the wonderful, generous and loving aspects of a mother, just as the “Dear Dad” book does for fathers. I also believe that “The Memento: The Gift of a Lifetime” By Michael McQueen is worth its weight in gold! It gives you a beautiful journal to log down your father’s history. Something that will be treasured for many years to come!
As for the “Handy Dad 25 Awesome Projects for Dads and Kids” By Todd Davis, I’m keeping that for myself! I love crafts and this is definitely a book that I will put to use with my sons.
I am delighted to say that ONE Latinalicious reader will have the opportunity to win the three books noted above! Give it to that person who represents all Dad is to you or keep it for yourself (as I’m doing with one of the books), just don’t miss out on these amazing books!
Good Luck! / ¡Suerte!
MANDATORY ENTRY- YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE YOU CAN RECEIVE ANY EXTRA ENTRIES:
Click on the links above to look over the books, then let me know why you would like to win!
1. Subscribe via email, follow my blog and/or fan my Facebook page for 1 entry EACH. If you’re already do, let me know! NOTE: Unvalidated e-mails will be disqualified.
2. Follow @MsLatina on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway, stating the below. Provide me with the tweet url in a comment. One tweet per day till the giveaway ends, so go ahead tweet away!
Enter to win a Father’s Day giftpack from Chronicle! http://tiny.cc/GW29 #GIVEAWAY #MsLatina #Dad #Mom #book
3. Blog about the giveaway, linking back to this post, and provide me with the url for 5 extra entries.
4. Add my giveaway to any blog giveaway linky. Leave the linky url in a comment. Each linky add-on gives you 3 extra entry!
5. Leave a comment on a non-giveaway related post for 3 extra entries. Note the post in your comment and don’t forget to enter each in a separate comment! Wouldn’t want you to miss an entry!
6. Share this post and/or another post you enjoyed using any ”Share and Enjoy” submission (Example: Digg, Facebook, Technorati, MySpace, Stumble Upon, etc.). Each post shared gives you 3 extra entries. Just let me know which post you shared and your username, if applicable!
7. Enter any other giveaway for 3 extra entries. Each additional giveaway entered gives you 3 extra entries.
GIVEAWAY ENDS June 16, 2010 at 11:59 P.M. EST
Open to US residents
As always, I will use random.org to select the winner. The winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be selected. Also, don’t forget, in order for random.org to count all of your entries a separate comment must be entered for each item that is completed. Random.org will not count it otherwise
Disclosure: I received the same products being given; however, this in no way influenced my post.