Some time ago I was invited to an E.L.F event but was unable to attend. Rosa of DancingHotdogs.com was able to go in my stead, below is her Latinalicious recap of E.L.F’s tips and tricks!
Eyes Lips Face (E.L.F), known for their affordable luxury, held a Summer Beauty Boost Event at the American Laser Center. There were speakers on health, beauty and fashion. Here are some highlights of the tips that I learned!
Achelle Dunaway, Creative Director of E.L.F, gave us tips as to how to rejuvenate ourselves without having to go under the knife. Not only are the prices great at E.L.F but their Natural Mineral Makeup is 100% all natural. If you buy the Beauty Boost Kit, 100% of the proceeds go to The Bottomless Closet, a nonprofit organization that gives women hope for a better future.
Below are a few of Achelle’s top ten trends & tips:
· Bronzer: Using bronzer is the perfect makeup item to help transition you from Winter into Summer. Create a great bronzed glow by dusting color on the hollows of your cheek, around the hairline, under the jaw, along the neck and the décolletage.
· Matte red lips: Bright lips are all the rage. Red is the perfect color for a night out! Remember to keep the rest of your makeup natural and subtle as to not compete with the dramatic red lip.
· Glitter Eyes: To enhance and open the eyes pick a glittery liquid eyeliner.
*Products mentioned can be bought online at Eyes Lips Face for a combined amount of $12 - a bargain!
The American Laser Center does laser hair removals,microdermabrasion, velashape and many more treatments that help you look young and vibrant. However, keep in mind that you have to do your part to maintain it. A good healthy diet and exercise is the only way you can achieve that. Tanya Zuckerbrot, author of The F-Factor Diet, gave us tips as to what we need for a healthy diet. Instead of taking away food and starving ourselves, she tells us to eat fiber. In her book, she gives a meal plan of how to eat as well as recipes to include “fiber-rich foods”.
Charles Peter, a personal massage therapist and body-worker, explained that the most important part of working out is letting your body rest afterwards. If you work out 7 days a week, then your body is being pushed over the limit. He suggests working out 3-5 times a week for about an hour.
After getting tips on how to have great makeup, hair and body, Derek from DerekLovesShopping.com gave us 10 shopping tips and his favorite secret shopping spot: Becan’s Closet. He claimed its the place to go for the best deals. Below are some of his shopping tips:
· June, July: Country cute is the new city fabulous! Big skirts, daisy dukes and gingham make even Ma and Pa Kettle feel right at home in the big city.
· Keep It Clean: Snow White is keeping it basic this year. The white button down is not just for office anymore.
· What’s Your Platform? This spring you will be reaching new heights!!! The platforms have gotten so high you won’t need a step stool ‘til fall!!!
Overall I had a great time and met some great people, a quick shout out to Joey at PinkSith.com (it was nice meeting you!) Thanks to Ms. Latina, I was able to go to the amazing event. As you can tell, there was so much information!
Follow me on twitter @RosaDancing
Disclosure: I was invited to go to the E.L.F event through Ms. Latina where they gave complimentary gifts to attendees. All thoughts and opinions of products and services are my own .
Thank you Rosa for a wonderful writeup! It sounds like it was an amazing event. I also love the fact that E.L.F donates 100% of the proceed from its Beauty Boost Kit to The Bottomless Closet. The Bottomless Closet is an amazing organization that helps disadvantaged New York City women become self-sufficient by providing business attire, interview preparation, professional development, financial management and more. Please take a moment and check them out.