Mar

Wordless Wednesday: Shoe Style

Shoes are an integral part of my families life. Not only are they fashionable but they are a barometer on how we feel on any given day. From flirty and fun to the serious and hohum, we have them all!

Recently while organizing our shoes I discovered a pair of shoes my teen wore when he was about a year old. Looking at them, flooded me with memories of the little man he was and the young mother I was.

Back than, my style was more evident than his. This was during my preppy stage.

3-24-10-shoes

My teen’s personality is now evident in the shoes he chooses. What do you think these say?

3-24-10-shoes2

When placed side by side, the two shoes could not be more different!

sneaker-shoe

Have you noticed your shoe style mirroring your mood/life stages? Let us know in a comment!

Have a great WW and don’t forget to link up!

1 ML March 24, 2010 at 11:03 am

I did a wordless wednesday on shoes too. It was all in pictures about the growth. made me cry to see how big we are getting.

2 Sabrina March 24, 2010 at 11:13 am

As a shoe diva, I speak with conviction when I say…shoes can make or break an outfit.

Personally, nothing screams sexy as a pair of shoes with a 2 inch heal or more. I personally prefer 3 to 4 inches.

3 Rachel March 24, 2010 at 11:22 am

Ay que cute!!! That is so sweet. I think the style is now his to choose and I personally like both! LOL

4 Christine March 24, 2010 at 11:23 am

That last picture is adorable!…what a difference. :) I love shoes and I have been looking at baby shoes for my pregnant sister and they are soooo cute! I had tons of shoes for my son when he was younger. Now that he is almost 6 he picks and chooses what he will wear (without throwing a fit that is)….LOL!

5 Luseea March 24, 2010 at 11:32 am

Growth chart hand-in-hand with milestones. May you live to see through his next big changes: wedding day shoes and old man “pantunflas” to place next to it. Can’t wait for the post. :)

Thanks for the privilege. Couldn’t link since my browser’s not supporte,
but this is my social site:
In the blog section I wrote a story ” The Red Earrings”.

6 sandra Hicks March 24, 2010 at 11:52 am

My shoe style definitely changes with my mood. Sometimes they are a hit and sometimes they are a disaster! lol!

7 Carver March 24, 2010 at 12:12 pm

It is fun seeing the stylistic changes.

8 Marilyn @ A Lot of Loves March 24, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I wonder what my kids will be wearing when they’re teens. Probably not anything like what they currently wear. Maybe I should keep their shoes just to compare.

9 maryanne March 24, 2010 at 1:33 pm

In high school, I had a pair of orange, high-heeled mary jane buckle-style shoes that I wore all the time. Definitely can’t imagine wearing those now!

10 Secret Mom Thoughts March 24, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Chucks were my carefree shoe in college. I miss them.

11 K March 24, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Thanks Ms. Latina for the pics! It was such a great reminder of how quickly our children grow up right before our eyes. Sniff Sniff :0)

It is also a blessing to see how they have grown and flourished to become wonderful adults.

12 Lauren @ Hobo Mama March 24, 2010 at 5:54 pm

I absolutely have noticed that. Right now my shoe style is reflecting how much my hips still hurt from pregnancy… I wish I could wear something more chic, but it is what it is!

My favorite shoes my little guy wears are his camo sneaks and his blue Crocs and his rubber firefighter boots. Who knows what he’ll wear when he’s your son’s age, though!

13 sunnymama March 24, 2010 at 6:15 pm

I’m looking forward to warmer weather and sandals. :)

14 Muthering Heights March 24, 2010 at 9:07 pm

LOL, I guess the preppiness didn’t stick!! :P

15 Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud March 25, 2010 at 2:08 am

I’m stopping by a little late. Sorry about that! I love this! You’re so right about the shoes. Isn’t it amazing how quickly they grow, physically, emotionally, even style-wise. My oldest and youngest are both celebrating birthdays next week. My oldest will be 15 and my youngest will be 1! Where did the time go?
Hope you’re doing well. Haven’t caught you on Twitter these last few days. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week.

Kristi, Live and Love…Out Loud
@TweetingMama

16 Auntie E March 25, 2010 at 10:22 am

I love the shoes.. My teen shoe are always sneakers…I have a hard time getting her into dress ones

17 Mariana @ Riding w/No Hands March 27, 2010 at 12:06 am

What a great WW! I love both of those pairs of shoes :) I can’t believe you saved the little ones so long!