Jan

Inspirational Sunday: Because of Him

hands-joining

I read a lot of blogs. Many times as I read I think, “I know that feeling, its happened to me!”  Its at those time when I wish I was able to speak directly to the writer and say, “It’ll be OK. I know.”

When I was hungry, someone came along and brought me food, bags and bags of food. When I was thrown out and cast aside, feeling  forgotten and unloved, a long lost Titi /Aunt raised me as her own.  When facing eviction with a 3 year old son, I received an unexpected check. It was enough to cover the rent. When I was in court defending my son, feeling terrified and alone, crying in despair, a stranger prayed with me. When as a new driver, I  drove over 50 miles, with my sons in the backseat, at 2 a.m. forgetting to put on my headlights, weaving in and out of traffic and crying with despair, I made it to my destination…unscathed. There are so many other times I can name but suffice it to say, I survived. My boys and I survived.

Along the way, I learned I’m not alone. I never was. There was always a hand guiding me, rescuing me, holding me. When I thought I couldn’t go any further, it nudged me and yes sometimes even shoved me!

Now that I understand, I can vocalize it. It was God keeping us all along. So when friends ask, “How can you be so happy and cheery when you’ve gone through so much?” I reply, “Because of  Him.”

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29.11 (NLV)

1 Matt January 31, 2010 at 9:03 am

What a great reminder! It’s easy to get into our daily lives and struggles, forgetting all the times God’s been guiding us through.

2 Alicia January 31, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Oh yes, my friend..He was definitely with you all those times, and even now!! God is good!!

3 Denisse February 1, 2010 at 2:15 am

:) very nice post. He IS always there for us! :)

4 Monica February 1, 2010 at 10:30 am

God is good, all the time. I am grateful for His blessings everyday.

Thank you for sharing your testimony with your readers.

:) @mlvlatina

5 tatjana February 1, 2010 at 11:25 am

Thank you..I needed this reminder of my blessings that came when I had no other way

6 Sabrina February 1, 2010 at 11:33 am

I’ve always admired your strong faith in God. Thanks for sharing, very inspirational!

7 Kristi February 1, 2010 at 12:50 pm

This is an example of one of the reasons why I love your blog! You have such a well-balanced blog that not only highlights new products, etc. but it’s also inspirational.
    What a great reminder that God is good…all the time. And all the time…God is good.

Kristi, Live and Love…Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

8 Isolated Existence February 1, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Great post, thank you so much for sharing. A great reminder that Dios is always watching over us. Very inspirational. I strongly believe in a Puerto Rican saying, Dios aprieta pero no ahorca/God squeezes but does not strangle…

9 Cathy February 10, 2010 at 6:22 pm

What a beautiful post! It brought tears to my eyes. Yes, God is always with us. He will never leave us nor forsake us. :)

10 Rachel March 19, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Wow, beautiful post, thanks for sharing that. God Bless you.