Recently I posted several ways to promote one’s blog. See previous post HERE. Included in the post was the use of Entrecards. Since I have never used Entrecards myself, Mommy Kennedy of The Frugal Kennedys was kind enough to write us a guest post!
I won’t claim to be an expert on Entrecard (pronounced “entree” card); however, I will share with you what I have learned about Entrecard as I have been using it since Summer of last year and did a lot of research writing this post.
I was very pleased when Ms. Latina, of Latina on a Mission, asked me to write a guest post about it.
What is Entrecard?
- Entrecard is a FREE (I love freebies!) blogging network for blog owners
- Create a 125×125 picture logo for your site (helpful sites are here)
- You put a widget on your site
- You earn virtual credits (ECs for short) when you visit and drop cards on other sites with the widget (when logged in to EC, the “Get one” words above will read “Drop”) and you also earn credits when another member advertised on your site.
- You drop your card by clicking “Drop” on the EC widget on other sites who are EC members
- You use these ECs to purchase advertising on other sites in the network by clicking “Advertise” when in the “Campaign” mode or on the site “Details” page
Why use Entrecard?
- It’s a form of FREE advertising
- They are currently offering 200 FREE credits to new members so you can advertise on other sites right away!
- Increases traffic to your site (this increases the chances of more clicks on other ads, more followers, improved search engine ranking & more attraction from potential new sponsors)
- You can buy & sell ECs for real money
- Other bloggers are already willing to network with you
- You can add a “Recent Droppers” widget
- It’s a GREAT way to find other blogs
- Be active in the EC Community by dropping your EC card
- If you see the “Get One” message instead of “Drop” on EC widgets then you are not properly logged in
- You can only drop one card per day per blog
- Make your best effort to read the blog and possibly leave a comment
- Try to visit the blogs and drop your card after they drop theirs
To Sign Up
I love the fact that Entrecards are free, but I’m not surprised since Mommy Kennedy always has a knack for finding good deals!
Please make sure to pass by Mommy Kennedy’s blog by clicking on the below button and thanking her for explaining their use. While you’re there, check out her Giveaways Galore Page!