Dec

Wordless Wednesday: The Pots and The Mousepad

When I was married, I wanted my first Christmas to be eventful. It was, but not for the reasons I imagined.

As  I unwrapped mine, my ex-husband looked so excited!

This is what I found …

pots

and this…

mousepad

and a whole slew of other practical gifts.

So my question this WW is what would you prefer from your mate: a practical gift, like those above, or a romantic gift? Be honest, we won’t tell!

Side note: The pictures above are not of the original gifts. Those gifts were thrown at his head after unwrapping!Joking … or am I?

BwaHaHaHaHa :D

Happy WW!

1 Muthering Heights December 9, 2009 at 1:13 am

I like both…sometimes I really want something practical!

2 Carolyn G December 9, 2009 at 1:18 am

I agree, both. Sometimes I want the appliance but sometimes I want something sweet and romantic. Mainly, I like cash! ;0)

3 Michelle @ One Crafty Mama December 9, 2009 at 1:21 am

I prefer to just buy my own gifts. LOL!

4 Alicia December 9, 2009 at 1:32 am

LOL, one year, I received a new silverwear set. I almost cried!! My husband was thinking in “practical terms” at the time. From then on, I just buy my own gift!

5 Auntie E December 9, 2009 at 9:12 am

Great pots. Happy WW

6 Melanie @ Whimsical Creations December 9, 2009 at 10:33 am

We haven’t exchanged gifts in forever.

7 Secret Mom Thoughts December 9, 2009 at 10:39 am

I’d prefer the romantic. This year we aren’t doing gifts but saving the $ for a get away without the kids.

8 sunnymama December 9, 2009 at 12:00 pm

I kind of like practical gifts! Happy WW :)

9 Ms. Latina December 9, 2009 at 12:27 pm

The pots were a great gift even though I think he was giving me a hint to cook more often. Hmm come to think of it my boys and Mom gave me the same gift on different occasions! LOL

In the end, I think I’m more of a romantic. I buy the practical home items during the year so on holidays I want something romantic.

Btw, totally love the idea from @ Secret Mom Thoughts!

10 Andrea December 9, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Early on I would have opted for non-practical and beautiful, now I could go for some new baking sheets!

11 Kristi December 9, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Since my husband buys me practical things all year long, I’d prefer something romantic. I would definitely be disappointed if I received pots and a mouse. :( Poor you. Guess it’s a good thing he’s an ex. LOL

12 Kat @ For the Love of Chaos December 9, 2009 at 2:23 pm

LOL In all honesty, I’m a pretty practical person myself. I probably would have been more excited than him when I opened those. I would have rushed off to cook and play on the computer LMBO!

13 Rob December 9, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I would say more romantic because we can buy practical anytime. Sorry you got pots and a mouse.

Happy WW!

14 Ms. Latina December 9, 2009 at 3:17 pm

@ Kristi: hahahahahahaha

15 Ms. Latina December 9, 2009 at 3:19 pm

@ Rob: Finally a man who understands LOL I’ve been trying to teach my brothers this same concept too cause they always go for practical gifts, thts a no no on holidays

16 Sabrina December 9, 2009 at 4:51 pm

A little of both would be great.

17 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) December 9, 2009 at 7:48 pm

I prefer romantic…unless I specifically ask for something practical. I made the mistake once of telling my hubby ‘nothing that plugs in’. Since I needed an air compressor for my air brush, he bought me one for Christmas – but cut the chord off. We had to have a little chat about that. ;)

18 Run DMT December 9, 2009 at 9:17 pm

I honestly like practical, but fun. Give me a crock pot filled with lots of gift cards. :-)

19 BK December 9, 2009 at 9:19 pm

It really depends; as long as it is a gift that I know my mate makes the time and effort to get. :)

20 Stefany December 9, 2009 at 11:38 pm

IF I ask for something practical, that is fine. If they do it on their own, not so much!

21 Lonestarr December 10, 2009 at 1:59 am

Boo practical (unless it’s art supplies or teh Pancake Puff). Baseball cards and video games all the way for me plz! :P

22 Tiaras December 10, 2009 at 11:44 am

oh no – I told my hubbie way before we got married- no gifts for the house – EVER – no cooking gifts nothing of the sort – it has to be a gift just for my use only. I told him if he couldn’t think of one or get one – to not buy anything!

23 ParlinMom December 10, 2009 at 11:46 am

I WANT ROMANTIC….I get practical also, a stand mixer, a coat, some boots and when I was pregnant I got clothes that fit but he topped it off with some jewerly (romantic…but was it to make me feel better about the swollen ankles). He saves romantic gifts for valentine’s day and sometimes birthday but I want romantic all the time. I can buy my own practical things.

24 CatSynth December 10, 2009 at 11:48 am

I guess what I would like is a gift that I want, whether romantic or practical. So if there is something practical that I have been avoiding buying, it would be a nice gift from an SO.

Of course, romantic gifts are nice, too, they tend more to be “experiences” (like a dinner, show, getaway) rather than objects.

Perhaps I can ask the question, do people enjoy receiving (nice) clothing as a gift, something that thoughtfully chosen and again maybe not everyday?

25 Ms. Latina December 10, 2009 at 11:56 am

@Tiaras, @ParlinMom Thats exactly how I felt and still feel! I do for everyone else the entire year and only get a few days to myself.Onthose days I want a romantic gesture, doesn’t have to be expensive and can most definitely be an experience (I treasure those!), but it has to be well thought out not a last minute gift. See thats why I love blogging! You guys get me :)

26 Mariana December 20, 2009 at 1:59 pm

I’m not sure if I’d necessarily want something practical… more like thoughtful. But DH and I don’t give each other Christmas gifts, so it doesn’t really matter ;)