With the holidays right around the corner, give gifts that keep on giving and teaching financial skills, without breaking YOUR own budget! Below are a few that I thought were worth noting.
Don’t forget you can redeem your Swagbucks for Amazon credit and apply those funds to some of the below items, getting many for FREE! If you are not signed up for Swagbucks you can sign up by clicking HERE and get 3 Swagbucks to start you off. Read my previous post HERE for more info on how to earn Swagbucks for FREE.
- Where Are the Customers’ Yachts: or A Good Hard Look at Wall Street (Wiley Investment Classics)Recommended by money.com as a must have to learn how Wall Street functions. Understanding the basics will make it easier to apply it to your own finances. Price: $13.57, Eligible for free S&H with Amazon Prime
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life I read this book last year and highly recommend it. It uses a wonderful parable of a mouse and its cheese to highlight the “changes” required to excel in life and at work. Price: $9.50, Eligible for free S&H with Amazon Prime
These old school board games teach their players that their choices affect their finances and life. Best of all, they can be used as a springboard to deeper conversations about relationships, responsibilities and budgeting. It may be sneaky but it works!
- MonopolyPrice: $9.99, Eligible for free S&H with Amazon Prime
- Game of LifePrice: $7.99, Eligible for free S&H with Amazon Prime
- File Folders & Accessories Get them something stylish, without breaking your budget, and motivate them to organize those receipts and coupons! Bonus: If you spend more than $25, you can get a Silver Plate Folding Frame, which is normally priced at $18.95 for FREE. Click HERE for details.
- I Bonds Offering 3.36% through April 30, 2010. New rates will be posted May 1, 2010. Perfect as the gift that keeps on giving! Minimum Purchase Price: $50 for a $50 I Bond when purchasing paper bond certificates OR $25 for a $25 I bond when purchased electronically via TreasuryDirect
- EE Bonds Currently 1.20% fixed, however, it is exempt from state taxes and is tax free when used for educational purposes. Minimum Purchase Price: $25 for a $50 EE Bond when purchasing paper bond certificates OR $25 for a $25 EE bond when purchased electronically via TreasuryDirect
- Buy one stock as a gift. NOTE: Get $15 off your purchase if you sign up for their monthly newsletter. Click HERE
- Buy one stock with Kit that explains investing and stocks and receive $20 off your order thru 12/15. Click HERE
UPDATE: Amazon currently has the Monopoly Family Championship on sale for $9.99 with FREE S&H with Amazon Prime. It was originally priced at $24.99 for a savings of $17!